ARC: Aave Market Launch on Harmony

Hi everyone,

I’m Giv, one of the core engineers from the Harmony team. I wanted to summarize and answer some of the main technical topics that have been discussed here.

On the topic of security, our mainnet has been launched since June 2019 and running for more than 2 years with no security issues of any kind even after processing over 104 million transactions. Our proof of stake network is secured by 122 independent validators staking 4,741,848,186 ONEs ($475m in today’s value). And our bridge to Ethereum has been launched for almost a year with a full audit and no security issues. You can read a bit more about the bridge and network security from our bridge engineer who posted before on this thread:

On the infrastructure side, since earlier this year we have been putting all of our efforts into ensuring that Harmony is fully EVM and Ethereum tooling compatible.

“Developers should face zero-friction while deploying apps on Harmony” was our mantra.

Harmony is working with partners to provide dedicated infrastructure support for application developers so that they don’t have to worry about running their own infrastructure.

We would make a dedicated and authenticated endpoint that would only be used by Aave (should they choose to use a hosted solution) which would have its own isolated infrastructure resources - separate from public endpoints and would not be affected by congestion from public usage.

As an example, you may read from our co-founder’s recent blog post about the experience Sushi had when they deployed on Harmony:

“Recently when SushiSwap deployed on Harmony, we battle-tested deployment and support tooling for web3 developers. They were easily able to i) deploy the original SushiSwap contracts as is, ii) deploy the swap frontend, iii) deploy the subgraph on Harmony to support analytics, iv) use the Gnosis multisig for rewarder contract, v) use the horizon bridge to bring initial liquidity (SUSHI/xSHUSHI ERC20) to kick start farming, and vi) leverage our upgraded etherscan-like explorer to track transactions and draw insights.”

Our chain is solid and our team is going to ensure everything works great with aave.

Thank you for the questions and feel free to ask us anything else!

14 Likes