[ARFC] wMATIC Supply Cap Increase

Hi Everyone :wave:

A further update on this proposal, I created and submitted the following gauge requests on Balancer DAO governance forum:

These proposals are expected to progress to Balancer’s Snapshot on the 6th April after narrowly missing this weeks vote. BAL incentives are expected to live on 27th April.

Given the duration of implementing a governance proposal via Aave, it would be prudent to have the AIP go live for voting week commencing 10th or 17th April. This gives us a 1-2 week timeline to prepare everything.

The next step here is to confirm the revised Supply Cap figure. I would like to suggest revising the Supply Cap to 66M wMATIC. The below shows how I came to support this figure.

• Aave v3 wMATIC deposits: 26.38M
  • Aave v2 wMATIC deposits: 15.03M
  • Balancer Linear Pool deposits: 23.02M (80% of wMATIC in current pools)
  • Total: 64.43M

66M units is narrowly higher than the calculated figure above and aligns with the lower bound of the two risk provides suggested maximum value. @Gauntlet 's previous analysis is supportive of 73M units and @ChaosLabs is supportive of 66M units. For ease of progressing through governance, 66M unit Supply Cap will be presented to the community for voting on.

Given the time since the original post was published, could @OriN or @Pauljlei please advise if there ay any concerns with the proposed Supply Cap increase.

2 Likes