Proposal: add support for AMPL

This is an excellent suggestion. The addition of AMPL will deepen the liquidity of Aave markets and offer participants exposure to a completely novel class of elastic assets.

3 Likes

So excited to see AMPL the first time. really love it, because of AMPL, I bought aave, hope could work together to enter into a better DeFi world.

3 Likes

I agree. Good idea I agree. Good idea

3 Likes

A very great idea! I want to try borrowing my AMPL.

2 Likes

This would be great for the community and projects as whole!! Both projects show huge potential to the space. Whatever we can do to help make this happen would be beneficial to all involved for sure. Keep up the great work!!

2 Likes

@stani remember you said AMPL will come in V2. really?

The biggest issue i see is the coin is super centralized, seeds and team control well over 90% and it can be heavily leveraged on FTX. That has the recipe for blatant insider manipulation.

This is false. If you look at the teams wallets on etherscan its in 40’s at most - no where near close to 90% ownership.

1 Like

Flexible assets will bring more traffic and play methods to AAVE and achieve a win-win situation. I think it’s a good idea. I hope that the management of AAVE will seriously consider this proposal. I hope that AAVE will develop better.

1 Like

Top holder’s own 93%, the coin is super centralized.

lol and the top 1% of btc own most of that as well. Same can be said for most projects

2 Likes

This would be a great opportunity to use AMPL on the AAVE platform.

3 Likes

This is a bigger deal than people think.

Stablecoins are the most frequently borrowed assets, yet there are some significant issues with them. DAI had it’s black friday issues, and now at the center of DAI is USDC. At the center of USDC is USD Fiat. This is merely creating the US Gold Standard on the blockchain, which is a step backwards in finance not a step forward in cryptocurrency and finance.

USDC is discretionary as is USDT. They share the same issues of placing USD Fiat at the center of their systems. Both projects act in a responsive fashion which have the risks and pitfalls of discretionary systems.

AMPL is algorithmic and elastically scalable. This solves the liquidity and discretionary issues of needing to “lock up” USD Fiat every time additional liquidity is needed. When USDT prints more tether, and it is distributed, it is not done in an economically friendly way. This is not dissimilar to the way central banks distribute printed fiat. AMPL is non-dilutive like bitcoin, so when liquidity is added to the system, all parties benefit the same exact percentage, there is no special user class and this is a massive innovation. It appears to be the first time the world can have needed inflation without dilution, which is something only possible via cryptocurrency technology. Inflation isn’t necessarily bad on its own - inflation is bad when it is done in a dilutive fashion.

AMPL is incredibly interesting to address these liquidity issues, dilution issues and recreating traditional finance on the blockchain and as a result, lending and borrowing is one of the next steps in that process. AAVE has shown to be one of the most innovative projects in the space, introducing flashloans and other creative and technological advancements that give the cryptocurrency space an exciting future, one that is potentially more capable and more feature rich than traditional finance. This is at a time when most non-AAVE projects are merely attempting to build traditional finance on the blockchain instead of taking risks and taking new steps forward in the space. AMPL as an input in the cryptospace has made economic and technological advancements that can advance the cryptocurrency space in a similar fashion, not just recreating traditional finance on the blockchain but advancing it toward a new future that is only possible with cryptocurrency technology. It feels natural for these two innovators to come together on the AAVE platform.

AMPL on AAVE is one of the most exciting developments available. I do hope AMPL is added as an asset so that AAVE can benefit from the most unique crypto input created. Together these two innovators can take the cryptospace forward into the future, push the envelope on tech and solve the issues that plague traditional finance, as many of the issues suffered by traditional finance such as liquidity and dilution can be addressed via crypto advancements from AAVE and AMPL

8 Likes

This is exactly right. AMPL is the asset pushing crypto tech and finance forward. AAVE is a strong innovator as well. Combining these two on the AAVE platform will be powerful for the advancement of the crypto space as a whole.

2 Likes

This is a no brainer!

1 Like

This a fantastic idea. Bringing together both assets will be a great partnership for digital finance.

1 Like

This is great idea and would drive more traffic for both AAVE and AMPL. Please move forward with the proposal.

3 Likes

I do not want to simply reiterate what has already been stated in many of the comments above, so I am going to try to approach this from a different angle, aside from Ampleforth being a very positive, and lucrative, asset addition on Aave (V1 or V2).
Ampleforth also has a core of really intelligent, keen, and solution-focused community members that are growing larger by the day. This is easily exemplified by the regular participation in the Amplsense DAO Community Hub (https://forum.amplesense.io/). Avee moving forward with this proposal guarantees you will be partnering with a strong community of professionals dedicated to the successful growth of Ampleforth. It is analogous to drafting a prospect for a team; you want the player to have the right skills, but you also want the player to have the right character. Ampleforth has the right skills (protocol fundamentals), and the right character (thriving professional community).
Avee, this is the right choice for you, and for Ampleforth. Please consider

3 Likes

我想我们可以通过弹性利息的方式来消除rebase,比如通缩的时候因为借款人需要扣币,那是不是我们可以降低利率去减少或者覆盖rebase的损失,反而言之,如果通胀的时候,借款人就需要付更高的利息。
I think we can eliminate rebase by making interest rates flexible. For example, when deflation occurs because borrowers have to withdraw money, does that mean that we can lower interest rates to reduce or cover rebase’s losses? Conversely, if inflation occurs, borrowers would have to pay higher interest rates. https://governance.aave.com/

4 Likes

This would be great to see!

1 Like