Unfair that AAVE Dev's are making $$$ Liquidating

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

AFAIK liquidation is available to everyone equally including AAVE themselves. The oracle used is a Chainlink oracle, and I’d be very surprised if AAVE had advance knowledge of the oracle rate. Many protocols participate in the liquidation in their own protocol, and generally it’s only seen as a scandal if they had an unfair advantage in doing so which doesn’t seem to be the case in the evidence you’ve given. The transaction you linked is not only more than 100 days old, but the transaction cost to liquidate this account seems very high. This particular liquidation was probably performed at a loss in order to remove bad debt. Can you provide an example of a profitable liquidation?

2 Likes

To be blunt, I think the burden falls on you to present the evidence necessary if you are the one trying to make an argument. I am not going to make the argument for you.

As you can see from the transaction, the liquidation is at a loss. Liquidator paid 330$ for the tx, and made 50$ out of the liquidation bonus. So whoever liquidated that loan was doing maintenance (cleaning up dust loans) rather than making money. If you ask why, that helps keeping users safe (including you) and the protocol solvent.
So gtfo with your lame whines and learn to read the transactions before complaining

2 Likes