AGD Recent work Update - thread

@G-Blockchain @EzR3aL @thewatcher thank you for your comments.

These are older grants that are being paid out (2nd or 3rd milestones) for work already completed. There’s nothing to hide! All the grants and grant payments are public.

As discussed here, I currently do not review individual grant applications. AGD is a team of 9 independent reviewers. I help set the process and ensure it’s running smoothly (Airtable forms, Notion page, multisigs, marketing), recruit and onboard the the team, assess the effectiveness of our grants, coordinate with Aave stakeholders on strategic priorities for Aave Grants to fund, and provide periodic updates to the Aave community.

I take any conflict between Llama and Aave Grants very seriously. I have never been involved in any reviews of grants that Llama has applied for. I was never involved in conversations about these grants, let alone reviewing or deciding on whether to approve these grants. I also make it extremely clear when I have a conflict on another applicant’s grant application.

Llama has not and will not apply for any grants from AGD for scope that is covered in the Llama <> Aave proposal. All these are older grants that have been approved several months back and paid out now.

Having said all this, I had already planned for this term at AGD to be my last anyway so I’ll be stepping down as lead after this term; I will share more in the renewal proposal. I still plan to contribute to AGD, help with the renewal proposal, and help find a new lead. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

I’ve only contributed to help grow Aave over the past few years. I care deeply about the protocol and community and I think AGD has helped seed many contributors including Omni Analytics, Chaos Labs, Forta, Gelato, and Penn Blockchain, among others. Among all the protocols I’ve worked with, Aave has one of the most thriving contributor and developer communities, and AGD has a big role to play in that.

5 Likes