ARC: Add 1INCH as collateral

Thank you for the detailed Risk Assessment @Governance_House! I’ll edit my original post to refer to this one instead of using mine.

All vesting contracts are publicly available on-chain. For a good example, let’s look at the StepVesting contract of the largest v1INCH holder – the 1inch Foundation.

From the Foundation’s StepVesting contract on Etherscan, we can see the following variables:

• started = 1606824000 (Tue Dec 01 2020 05:00:00 UTC-0700)
  • cliffDuration = 365 days
  • stepDuration = 182.5 days
  • numOfSteps = 6

The cliff ended December 2021, so all of the Foundation’s v1INCH will be fully claimable come December 2024 (262,500,000 in total over the course of the contract).

We aggregated the unlock data for all existing v1INCH contracts and charted it below. Y-axis is token quantity in millions, X-axis is time –

It is important to note a couple things:

• The 1INCH supply will only increase once the recipient chooses to claim the 1INCH. Some v1INCH holders have not claimed 1INCH at steps when they could have (which is why the current circulating supply of 1INCH is only ~550M when the token unlock schedule shows it could be as high as ~700M at this point).
  • This chart does not count the initial 1INCH tokens that were minted in late 2020 (add those to this to get to the 1.5B supply cap).
4 Likes