[ARC] - ERC4626 Strategies as Productive Collateral

Hi @Pauljlei,

The above is unlikely to be the most economic strategy. I believe a proposal will emerge that requests enabling borrowing on wstETH. It then becomes more economic to borrow wETH and wstETH which is then deposited into Balancer.

A user who attains the wstETH/wETH BPT can deposit into Aave, borrow ETH and wstETH on Aave v3 Ethereum, then deposit into Balancer pool to receive the BPT which can then be deposited as collateral again. This recursive strategy, leverages swap fees, bb-a-USD, AURA and BAL rewards from the Aura Finance gauge. There is no need to interact with the Lido staking deposit contract.

This is a parameter within the Aave governance control and something Llama can actively manage. It is not a barrier but rather a consideration much like similar Reserves on various Aave deployments.

There are numerous bb-a-wETH Linear Pools coming which will provide liquidity to the Ethereum v3 market. However, as you point out there are natural market forces at play. This to me is more stating we expect actors to be rational and profit driven, therefore users will leverage the BPT. Do note, there is always ETH and stETH liquidity on other DEXs which can be used to support liquidations. There are also likely to be other communities building something similar and it is therefore unlikely all of the BPT will be deposited into Aura Finance gauges via Aave.

This highlights a risk that is within Aave’s controls. It is fair to assume v2 markets should have the support of the Safety Module disabled, borrowing disabled and overtime the Reserve Factor can be increased to encourage liquidity to transit to v3 deployments. Reducing the LTV of old markets risk liquidating user’s positions and therefore an unfavourable path forward.

Similar to @AaveLabs, I believe the intent will be proceed with enabling the collateral type and then presenting a proposal to list a BPT. The community can consider if to list the BPT at that point in time. All of the points mentioned by Gauntlet are already known and there is plenty of time to create a lower risk environment across Aave Liquidity Pools. As mentioned in the proposal, the Snapshot is indicative of what Llama intends to build, although I believe Aave Companies proposal is approaching audit.