ARC - Fees & Rewards: How to improve the $AAVE token value?

Hey @Zer0dot, thank you for your answer and sorry i took so long to answer you !

You mentioned some interesting ideas, and i will try to answer to your questions :

I think redirecting a % of generated interest with the deposits to an assurance for the protocol is a good idea, but isn’t that the same that a fee ? i mean, it sure is better as it’s not coming from user pocket, but at the end, there is a cut anyway.

Yes compound doesn’t charge anything and even pay you to borrow, but there is a lot less choice of assets, and a lot less functionalities, in my opinion this is not a issue to pay a bit more for a better service.

This is the same thing about other fees, i get that you’re afraid of double taxation feeling from users but regarding the functionalities that only exist on Aave (credit delegation, swap of collateral, payback loan with collateral), we can basically add the fees we want because there is no other protocol allowing to do that in my knowledge, and moreover, we are talking about really low fees especially comparing to what these features can offer.

However, i understand flash loans fees can easily reduce profitability, and you’re right, there is no reason for such an increase.
Maybe going from 0.09% to 0.095% is better ? But the point here is to keep these attractive, and if increasing those fees might drive user away from flash loans, we could of course leave it as it is.
Also, flash loans available liquidity is a important factor. Sure, people could use Dydx to make those but there is not the same liquidity as aave has. So, if someone needs more than what dydx can provide, they have to use aave.

The point of using fees tu buy & send aave to stakers was mainly to maintain a buying pressure but you’re right, stakers should have the choice between receiving atokens or aave tokens.

I really like the idea of the “Aave investment bank”, surely need a dedicated ARC :D

However, by farming strategy i meant yearn vault or else if there is better by then, that would allow us to get the tresury filled a lot faster than leaving simply the tresury in deposit. We could and probably should also split the funds between differents protocoles to reduce risks, and maybe accumulate governance token like you said, so we could use curve to accumulate CRV, Yearn to compound stablecoins, synthetix or uniswap etc

Regarding compounding bonus, it may depend on how much Aave will be released / day, but incentivise people to compound rewards increase the liquidity locked into the safety module and really reward long term players here. There is already one planned for LP, so why not one for stakers as they are the ones protecting the protocol ?

I read your proposal and some discussions on telegram about what you’re building, and i’m totally interested in. An auto compounding function would be huge news for stakers.
Can’t wait to try it out !

Finally, the dead line is not the most important subject we should be working on right now, but we can’t let lend for ever as there will always be confusion. We are almost at 90% migration, and we know there is a lot of tokens from ico that are lost (not the ones on contracts that will probably be saved, but people that lost private keys or else.

That’s why i think setting up a dead line for end of year or end of Q1 2021 is important, so we can bury $LEND and move on to the future of finance with one and only token, $AAVE.

Thank you again for your comments and your presence to the community !

5 Likes