[ARFC] Cancel Llama Service Provider Stream

Hi @John_TV_Locke,

Sure thing. Over the last 6 months, or so, Llama has transitioned its longer term strategy focus from Services towards Product development. This has been a gradual shift which led to the decision by Llama to not try renew the Aave contract. Naturally, those working on the Aave scope are affected by this, with the only exception being the frontend developer and solidity developer supporting the day to day Aave related work stream transitioning to the product team.

TokenLogic primary focus is as a service provider and can therefore be thought of as a spin off of the Llama service team. To this end, several of the current Llama contributors intend to transition across from Llama to TokenLogic at the end of the Llama <> Aave contract. Namely @Dydymoon and @scottincrypto. The relationship between Llama <> TokenLogic teams is strong and the members are as close as ever.

This is probably a good opportunity to clarify that the current topic being discussed has zero bearing on if TokenLogic is to become a service provider for Aave DAO or not. These are separate topics and should be viewed as such.

There came a point where my focus was increasingly towards TokenLogic and it made sense to transition to 100% TokenLogic. Given the allocation of solidity resources at Llama for the Aave scope, there is minimal capacity to take on new scopes of work between now and the end of the contract, I feel that I can not add a lot of value to Aave whilst remaining at Llama. With this in mind, I am leaving Llama, end of this month, to focus on building TokenLogic where I believe I can make more of an impact. It is also not right for me to continue drawing a salary from Llama when my focus is pivoting more and more towards TokenLogic. Now is the right time from me to transition to TokenLogic and focus on building/supporting this team.

I will be completing all my outstanding tasks at Llama and will continue to support any queries relating to initiatives that I was involved with. I have a great relationship with @HelloShreyas and I want Llama to be successful. Which ever way this discussion goes, I will remain impartial, abstain from voting and keep my focus on building and advancing GHO/Aave.

Our core values at TokenLogic include Openness and Trust and the above reflects this.

7 Likes