Avalanche Market - add sAVAX to aave v3, raise LTV of AVAX

Listings on Avalanche are a bit different than on Ethereum or Polygon @raho. On those, it is possible to do a full-cycle of governance proposal on-chain, direct (Ethereum), or via the deployed cross-chain bridges (with the infra provider by the Polygon network itself).
At the moment, on Avalanche the bridging infrastructure is different, as it is reduced to bridge assets, but not generic messages (a proposal is this last). So the Snapshot process is especially important there, as it is the main layer of governance decision, and then it is the responsibility of the elected Guardian (here Aave Guardian Update) to apply the changes on Avalanche.
Due to that, I think we should really define a strict voting framework for cases like this, where deployment of Aave is done in advance of having messaging bridging available. If you want to tackle the write-up and open the discussion, could be cool. At the very least, I think that for those chains, even if not on-chain enforced, requirements on Snapshot should be exactly the same as on Ethereum governance: 320K AAVE on Yes and vote differential of 80K with No.
Then, for Ethereum/Polygon/others with cross-chain messaging, the requirements can be looser, as it is really just an initial filter. But still, I agree that some minimal requirements like the ones linked before here need to be in place.

Then, regarding the listing, assets with off-chain components should be really carefully evaluated before listing. I could be in support of the listing of sAVAX, but not without having a crystal clear evaluation of everything around the asset, similar to the top-notch work done by Lido with stETH. I’m fully sure that @luigidemeo88 will definitely facilitate this, being a really active member in the Aave community.

3 Likes