There’s a critical proposal coming up concerning the Aave Level 2 “long executor” (which exclusively involves changes to Aave governance). Many believe the thresholds for proposing and passing Level 2 proposals are too high, and @bgdlabs has come up with a multi-stage plan (involving both a Level 1 and a Level 2 proposal) to make changes to Level 2 requirements.
If you’re not already familiar, please read the full thread — and participate if you can.
Aave Improvement Proposals (AIPs):
- Risk Parameter Updates for Aave V2 (2022-09-22). This proposal passed with nearly 100% voting “YAE” and was executed on October 1.
- Ethereum v2 Reserve Factor - aFEI Holding Update. This AIP only barely failed to meet quorum despite almost 100% voting “YAE.” There is support for a “second push.”
- Chaos Labs <> Aave. This is an updated proposal from Chaos, following feedback on their previous proposal. The entire discussion thread is worth reading as there’s a serious and important exchange between @omergoldberg and @tarun (among others) about risk assessments and the role of service providers for DAOs.
- Increase supply cap for BTC.b on Avalanche V3 (Fast-track). This proposal, which follows a previously established fast-track process for increasing borrow and supply caps, asked for the supply cap of BTC.b to be increased 100% to 5,800. It passed on October 2 with nearly 100% voting “yes.”
Provide your feedback on these new Aave Requests for Comment (ARCs):
- Add Goldfinch FIDU as collateral to Aave V2. FIDU is a token that represents a liquidity provider’s position in Goldfinch Protocol’s “Senior Pool” — a “diversified basket of real world loans.” The proposal asks that FIDU be added as a collateral asset on Aave V2’s Ethereum market.
- Improving wMATIC Parameters on Aave v3 Polygon. Since the inclusion of stMATIC and MATICx as collateral, the “borrowing demand of wMATIC will potentially increase.” @YJN58, who is a member of the Polygon team, argues that it is now “critical to optimize the current interest model of wMATIC” — for a number of reasons detailed in the post.
Ongoing requests for comment:
- Aave v3 Ethereum — new deployment vs Aave v2 Upgrade
- Launch Aave V3 on Metis.
- Add new KNC to Aave v2 and v3.
- Price Manipulation Implications for Aave V2: September 2022
A depeg coverage pool? InsureDAO contemplates a grant proposal.
StakeWise is going permissionless.
Add New Zealand Dollar Stable coin NZDS to Aave?
rAAVE Bogatá is on October 12.
Community call on October 24, 4PM GMT, featuring Stani, bgdlabs, Gauntlet, Llama, and more.
Here’s a helpful collection of Aave treasury and governance resources.