Week of November 28, 2022
Lots of risk-related actions and discussions over the past week, and several important risk-related discussions and decisions ahead.
Aave Improvement Proposals (AIPs):
- Aave StarkNet Phase I - Aave <> StarkNet Bridge deployment/activation by Aave governance (127). Aave hopes to expand to StarkNet, a “validity” or “ZK” rollup, and this proposal presents the first step in doing so, beginning with creating “a bridge of Aave v2 Ethereum aTokens from/to StarkNet.” The proposal passed with almost 100% voting “YAE” and is queued for execution.
- Risk Parameter Updates for Aave v2 Polygon (126). This proposal failed on November 30 because it did not reach quorum.
- Risk Parameter Updates for Aave v2 Ethereum Liquidty Pool (125). This proposal succeeded with almost 100% voting “YAE” and was executed on November 30.
- [ARFC] Aave DAO Policy Change: Halt Listings on all Aave v1 & v2 Non Permissioned Deployments. The crux of this proposal is that it “advocates only enabling future asset listings to occur on Aave v3 deployments”; if the proposal were to pass, no new assets could be added to Aave v2. This would effectively begin the transition from v2 to v3. The sunsetting of Aave v1 has been actively discussed on the Aave forums since late August, while discussions of the migration from Aave v2 to v3 (and the subsequent deprecation of v2) have been active since mid November of this year. Several key players in the Aave DAO are now urging the community to find ways begin to close off the v1 and v2 markets so that usage of the much less risk prone Aave v3 will increase.
- Activation of a ParaSwap fee claimer contract. This proposal passed on November 29 with over 99% voting to approve.
Provide your feedback on these Aave Requests for Comment (ARCs):
- [ARC] Interest Rate Curve Changes for Aave v2 ETH. Gauntlet proposes to change interest rate parameters and reserve factors for USDT and TUSD. “Many interest rate curves on Aave have not changed for a long time and, in the case of some assets, have never been updated for the lifetime of the asset listing.”
- [ARFC] Ethereum v2 Collector Contract Consolidation. A proposal from @llamaxyz to consolidate “the Aave v2 Collector Contract holdings by swapping a portion of the long tail assets to USDC and redeeming assets from the Aave AMM deployment.”
- [ARC] Risk Parameter Updates for Aave v2 Ethereum - LT and LTV (2022.12.01). Chaos Labs proposes to “adjust 4 total risk parameters, including Liquidation Threshold (LT) and Loan-To-Value (LTV), for USDC and DAI markets.”
- [ARC] Repay excess debt in CRV market for Aave V2 ETH. Discussion continues.
In the Forums
Add OP as collateral to Aave v3. @pauljlei provides the market risk assessment.
Oracle analysis. @OriN from Chaos Labs looks at BTC vs. WBTC as part of a longer discussion about pricing mechanisms.
Llama month 2. Updates from the team.
All the Q4 risk-off measures, summarized by Gauntlet.
Improve permissions management. This discussion continues with several new contributions.
More on real-world assets. @Puniaviision notes that Goldfinch will hold a Twitter Space on the subject on December 14.
Delegate platform updates from @lbsblockchain, Flipside Crypto, and the Aave Chan Initiative.
Aave v3. A bit of history and appreciation from Stani.
All the recent risk-off measures. @gauntletnetwork compiles them.
Aave News #77 dropped.
Vitalik on governance rights and token value.
Happy birthday beacon chain!
What’s the difference between a Snapshot vote and an AIP?
Who carries out the changes decided by governance?
Quick Gov Links: Governance FAQ | Governance Docs | Discord Governance Channel | Snapshot | AIPs | Aave on Boardroom