Week of November 7, 2022
Another long recap this week — which seems somehow appropriate, given everything.
Here’s last week’s Aave News (new one coming up soon) and metrics from Messari.
Aave Improvement Proposals (AIPs):
- Risk Parameter Updates for Aave V2 ETH Market (2022-11-13)(119). This proposal freezes the BAL market on Aave V2 ETH in light of recent market volatility, as recommended by Gauntlet “out of an abundance of caution.”
- Risk Parameter Updates for Aave V2 ETH Market (2022-11-13) (118).This proposal freezes the CVX market on Aave V2 ETH in light of recent market volatility, as recommended by Gauntlet “out of an abundance of caution.”
- Risk Parameter Updates for Aave V2 ETH Market (2022-11-12) (117). This proposal freezes the REN market on Aave V2 ETH in light of recent market volatility, as recommended by Gauntlet “out of an abundance of caution.”
- Add OP as Collateral to Aave V3 (116). As the title indicates, this proposal seeks to add OP as a collateral asset on Aave V3 Optimism — following a Snapshot vote in August in which almost 100% voted “YAE.” Risk parameters are noted in the proposal (though they are changed from the Snapshot proposal), and the Optimism Foundation offers to “seed incentives” to help build the liquidity pool. This would present a powerful use case for OP outside of governance. However, the proposal was put forward before Gauntlet was able to provide its risk analysis, which many say is especially important at this time.
- Strategic Partnership with Balancer DAO Part 2 - 100k BAL Acquisition (115). This proposal is intended to complete the second part of Aave’s plan to acquire 300k BAL, which goes toward a strategic partnership long in the works. (Part 1 was accomplished through a token swap in July.) The ultimate goal is to support the growth of the Aave ecosystem, and veBAL presents “numerous opportunities” — including those put forward in two recent proposals (here and here). This proposal will allow for the on-market acquisition of 100k BAL by deploying a Bonding Curve contract. The proposal passed with 100% voting “YAE” and was executed on November 13.
- Certora Continuous Formal Verification (114). This is the on-chain implementation of a recently passed Snapshot proposal in which Certora proposed to “improve the security of smart contracts built on top of Aave using a combination of formal verification and manual code review,” something which it has already been contracted to do for the DAO over the past six months. This proposal lays out the details of what Certora has accomplished and what it intends to do, offering to extend their previously established relationship by requesting a year-long commitment from Aave DAO at $2.7m. The proposal passed with 100% voting “YAE” and was executed on November 13.
Recently on Snapshot:
- ERC4626 Strategies as Productive Collateral. Llama here proposes the introduction of a new collateral type that will allow “users to earn the rewards of other protocols by depositing into Aave v3 Reserves.” The proposal passed with 76.22% voting “YAE.”
Provide your feedback on these active Aave Requests for Comment (ARCs):
- Aave V3 Deployment: Assets and Configurations. Gauntlet presents a table of options, and may soon initiate a Snapshot vote.
- [ARC] Implementing a GHO Backstop for Aave. “B.Protocol would like to propose Aave DAO add a user-based backstop for GHO that will enable safer and more robust liquidation mechanics that can ensure peg stability also for less liquid collaterals as well as during radical market conditions.”
[ARC] stMATIC Emission_Admin for Polygon v3 Liquidity Pool. @llamaxyz proposes “assigning the stMATIC
Emission_Adminrole on the Aave v3 Polygon Liquidity Pool to a Gnosis Safe controlled by the Polygon Foundation.”
[ARC] LDO Emission_Admin for Polygon v3 Liquidity Pool. Llama proposes “amending the
Emission_Adminaddress to enable the distribution of LDO rewards.”
In the Forums
Market downturn: @pauljlei from Gauntlet presents an analysis — followed by three AIPs for REN, CVX, and BAL (see above).
Financial report for October 2022, from Llama.
Delegate platform updates from FranklinDAO and @lbsblockchain.
Messari Governor Note re staked aTokens. Check out the write-up by @tnorm.
Harmony recovery. Discussion continues.
Alternative UI for non-DeFi users. @Sejal from DAOLens requests feedback on some ideas.
New governance UI? @D3Portillo from Radish makes a proposal.
Roadmap update from @OriN of Chaos Labs, following their successful governance proposal.
What crypto needs: Community governance, and more ungovernance, says @StaniKulechov
Aave IPFS UI: Improving state Management.
Looking for feedback: @nonstopTheo requests some thoughts about how “we get standardized trade volume stats for asset onboarding + risk mgmt.” (See forum post here.)
Quick Gov Links: Governance FAQ | Governance Docs | Discord Governance Channel | Snapshot | AIPs | Aave on Boardroom