Introducing Aave V3

@Emilio wow! This is truly exciting news.

A bunch of new developments, but most of all - a continuation to build and better Aave.

I was particularly intrigued by the Portal to:

This feature reminds me alot of this ask https://governance.aave.com/t/proposal-implement-cross-chain-bridging-function/5727. And is a testimony that Aave is listening to its users.

Aggregating a bridging function is a great way to guide new users to the Aave protocol and retain existing one’s with product stickiness.

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 2.45.29 PM

This image is a great representation of the scope of this project. It allows for movement in-between popular Layer 1s, exploding Layer 2’s, and even Zk rollups - hats off, Aave.

Second - eMode. This is a great development for a range of users, different sizes and expertises.

For larger users - it is an opportunity to become more capital efficient and employ flash loans. For smaller ones, it encourages more borrowing and use of stable assets.

I enjoyed seeing developments for Governance as well. This is something we as a company,
Flipside are invested and interested in.

Giving Aave Governance more power creates greater participation and shows your commitment to the values and decisions of a DAO. With these new features, I hope to see more participation and proposals.

In terms of your auditors - how do you chose this list? It seems as previous auditors such as CertiK, SigmaPrime, and Consensys Diligence have been omitted from this list. Was the team unhappy with their performance or reputation - or is this decision cost based?

We are excited for the next stage of Aave - and support this wholeheartedly. We remain committed to improving protocols such as Aave one proposal at a time.

1 Like