Proposal: Add support for Terra USD (UST)

Korean people are ready to swap more KRT to more UST-! We are very excited for this new support-! :) Have a nice day Sir-!

2 Likes

Let’s add UST it will be great to have it onboard on Aave

2 Likes

Terra is the leading beacon of Korea. KRT - Terra’s stablecoin equivalent for Korean won has already conquered Korea with its 2.4 mn users.

UST develops over the strong solid base of KRT- it’s infinitely scalable and it’s usage has grown tremendously in December.

The only seigniorage style stablecoin that has gotten so far and is on the cusp of adoption. Don’t underestimate Terra and it’s ecosystem guys! Mirror and Anchor are revolutionary products combining Defi and Fintech!!

UST is set to conquer the globe- let’s move with the flow!

2 Likes

Great future with UST

2 Likes

I find no reasons to oppose this endeavor. Adding more decentralized stable coins to the ecosystem will only strengthen it on the account of diversity

4 Likes

Yes, I’d love to see ust on aave. With mirror and upcoming anchor launch, I think ust will grow in popularity as defi stable

3 Likes

Great idea!! UST is a must add!!

1 Like

It’s a good idea, UST is a realy good stablecoin (low fee and faster), please Add it team !

1 Like

Dear Team AAve,

UST is used to purchase assets such as $TSLA $APPL on Mirror Protocol.

UST will be big.

Thank you,
Bullish

3 Likes

Please make this happen guys. UST is my current preferred stablecoin and Terra is only growing. AAVE and UST is a great combination

1 Like

I believe you missed TUSD ($300M).

Also, current UST supply on Ethereum is only a fraction of UST total (40M?)

Do you have a forecast for UST market cap on Ethereum?

P.S. Terra / Mirror are not bad projects, but I’m not impressed by dozens of fresh accounts in governance forum, whose only post is to promote UST in this topic. For me it’s not a good sign.

1 Like

Great initiative, I support this proposal 100%, Terra based stablecoins are a great way to add new liquidity to AAVE.

1 Like

UST > USDT hopefully i’ll be able to find UST soon on AAVE :grimacing:

1 Like

Get UST on!

Kucoin is pain.

1 Like

It’s definitely a great proposal, adding it will bring lots of new users to the protocol.

2 Likes

In favor of adding UST. Seems to have good growth even outside of the ETH ecosystem, and will help propel DeFi. Diversity is good.

1 Like

+1 on adding ust. Terra has a great team and it will be a huge benefits for Aave

1 Like

Yes!~!!!

I think this makes total sense. It would help both aave and terra usd expand further.

2 Likes

@haave

1. If you are talking about the supply of UST, I don’t see it as an issue at all since UST is very easily portable between Ethereum, Terra and soon to launch BSC. Also many people who were using Mirror transferred to Terra because of insane gas prices on Ethereum. So let’s get it straight - there is no issue with UST supply. Plus if you see the design of UST-since it can be seamlessly converted from KRT (used by 2.4 mn users in Korea), therefore it’s infinitely scalable which makes it a much better design than DAI

2. Terra UST is a young stablecoin and featured in Top 10 list in volume in several occasions on Uniswap within weeks of official launch.
    Also, usage on both Terra and Ethereum are expected to increase remarkably post launch of Anchor in late February.

My strong suggestion is for you to take a look at Mirror platform on both Terra and Ethereum side to make judgement calls on future of UST (of course no one can see the future in numbers but you will see that future for UST is beyond bright)

1. As far as new accounts are concerned, most of these are passionate Terra fans, who understand that Terra is the only player currently that is marrying Defi and Fintech in a meaningful way. Terra Chai is the most active Dapp in entire cryptosphere and is the third biggest player in Korea’s payments market (and also the fastest growing in the region). It is backed by Softbank, Pantera Capital, Binance Labs, Polychain, Korea’s largest payment network Kakaopay, Hashed and is even catching interest of non-crypto mainstream asset management firms for a good reason (yes you heard it right🙂)

Agreed that loyal supporters of Terra haven’t used Aave governance but that is essentially one of the reasons why Aave needs UST because all of these genuine people who see value in real world adoption of Defi in Fintech will now become contributors for Aave (if we integrate UST on Aave)

1. If you are still skeptical on UST, you should come to Terra’s Discord or Telegram channel, and you will see how educated their community is. Terra’s community is somewhat unique in that it’s not just passion that runs in their forums but also wise, intellectual, deep conversations around business models/real Defi usage and latest Defi developments of a kind that is very difficult to find in any other crypto community room today.

It’s okay to be skeptical but I would strongly suggest that you do a bit more research on some of the aspects on Terra and more specifically Mirror and Anchor to understand UST and why it is different from other stablecoins.

1 Like

Great idea! Keen af for UST on AAVE

1 Like