Questions on the voting process

Hi there, just read the aavenomics doc, it’s amazing! :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2:

I couldn’t find details regarding the voting process. Is it defined somewhere?
I’d like to know about voting mechanics such as:

• what are the required quorum and support levels? are there policies for which a super-majority is required?
  • what is the voting period? is there an ending period (a delay before a voted proposal is executed)? a quiet ending process?
  • practically speaking, how does the community signals to implement a proposal? is there a vote?
  • is it possible to delegate tokens to different addresses?
  • is there any other centralized failsafe/shutdown system, apart from the Genesis Team being in charge of submitting proposals?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hey, I think a lot of this isn’t ready quite yet - which may be why a lot of these questions are being raised.

Much of this has yet to be defined.

For this question:

is it possible to delegate tokens to different addresses?

You will be able to delegate your Aave to a voting address, so if you have your AAVE sitting on a Ledger but would rather just vote from MetaMask each time, you can delegate the voting power to your MetaMask without transferring the AAVE itself.

is there any other centralized failsafe/shutdown system, apart from the Genesis Team being in charge of submitting proposals?

What do you mean by a centralized shutdown system - as in, other than the Genesis Team submitting a proposal to shutdown the system, is there any other failsafe/shutdown? I don’t think, only the failsafe as laid out in the Aavenomics.

1 Like

Thank you!

What do you mean by a centralized shutdown system - as in, other than the Genesis Team submitting a proposal to shutdown the system, is there any other failsafe/shutdown? I don’t think, only the failsafe as laid out in the Aavenomics.

I meant something like Compound’s guardian. But from your answer, I understand that there’s nothing like that, at least it’s not planned.

1 Like