ARC: Aave Market Launch on Harmony

This would be amazing ,gave been using aave for long and very exciting see low fee and finality of 2 sec it’s just outstanding

12 Likes

we plan on keeping this proposal stand on this forum for a few weeks so that the aave community can review and comment before moving to a snapshot vote, but yes we are eager to have this be voted on later this month.

13 Likes

welcome aave to harmony

8 Likes

AAVE and Harmony would both profit tremendously, harmony bringing 2-sec finality, extremely low gas fees, bridges and EVM-compatibility. Easy integration, fast and cheap transactions to different networks like ETH, DOT & BSC, with BTC bridge coming end of Q3 as well. Harmony has a active and loyal supporters who would start to use Aave as well. Aave would mean more adoption for Harmony, growth of the evo system and more network use. Both token‘s value should benefit of this partnership as well! Its a win-win-win! Lets do this!

11 Likes

I am in support of this because it will be one step closer to a multi cross chain world!

11 Likes

Love the usage of both Aave and Harmony. This would be an amazing addition to the harmony ecosystem as well as a win for Aave too.

11 Likes

Great idea! Harmony has quietly been setting itself up to be a major L1 player with proof of stake already being used. Been following the project and community for some time- this would definitely inspire me to use AAVE more.

13 Likes

This would be pretty sweet. Have been a huge fan of both these teams for a while now and it’s exciting to see this proposal. I’ll be keeping my eye on this.

11 Likes

Been using Harmony for a little while now and I just love it. Aave is a perfect defi project to bring to Harmony. Let’s make it happen !

10 Likes

Love Harmony, super quick, cheap, growing DeFi, great community, seems like it would be a great match.

11 Likes

+1, if you already support Ethereum, supporting Harmony should be relatively easy, given that it’s completely backwards compatible. So it would be much easier to launch than on any other new network.

As for why, it lets your users experience DeFi today the way it’s meant to be experienced. Not by paying ridiculous gas fees on Ethereum, and not on layer 2 like Polygon that would still require one to go through Ethereum to cash out. Basically, it makes DeFi more accessible for the average user.

11 Likes

For Aave to not jump on the Harmony blockchain would be silly. Harmony has proven itself to be a valuable and reliable project, run by an extremely talented dev team. I’ve used the DEXs on Harmony a few times, and it’s honestly fun to be able to swap cryptos around for such low fees and fast speeds. It’s how cryptocurrency should be.

Not to mention the millions of dollars Harmony has basically thrown out in grant money. It’s only a matter of time until we see explosive growth with Harmony’s network. Don’t forget about the ETH and BSC bridges for fast and cheap multi-chain transactions. Swap all your ETH on Harmony’s network for cheap and then send it back to ETH or BSC mainnets. I heard there’s a BTC bridge next quarter too

11 Likes

Really hoping to see this happen. Harmony team appears to be fully engaged, ready, and willing to help drive this. Most excellent!

11 Likes

AAVE on Harmony would be an excellent pairing. The network is exceptional, the team is attentive, responsive, listens to the community, etc. Rock star network and an all star team, I’m excited for the future!

11 Likes

I would love to see Aave on Harmony! When Sushi came to Harmony, it significantly lowered the barrier to entry for experimenting with DeFi. I don’t have a ton of money or experience, so being able to use Harmony’s insanely fast and inexpensive transactions allowed me to try things that I couldn’t on Ethereum. Harmony would provide a great opportunity for people to experience Aave that never have before.

7 Likes

I am one of those average users that had a much easier time experiencing DeFi because of Harmony :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

The harmony team has it together, bringing aave over would be a no brainer. Get it done!

8 Likes

I agree with this proposal. I’ve had experience with defi on a number of chains including Ethereum, BSC, Terra / Luna and Harmony and have had the best experience so far on Harmony. Effectively 0 tx fees and fast transaction finality is so convenient. I now do most of my farming on Harmony (though I still do a bit on BSC)

9 Likes

I like this proposal, I am already using AAVE for MATIC and ETH. Adding Harmony would bring it more visibility and more options for people.

8 Likes

The bridge between Harmony and Ethereum is very underrated. Imagine when the Harmony and Bitcoin bridge becomes live.

11 Likes