Week of October 31, 2022
It’s been especially busy with requests for comment — lots of ideas being put forward. See below.
And: the latest metrics from Messari, and last week’s Aave News (new one coming up).
Aave Improvement Proposals:
- Chaos Labs Risk Platform Proposal (113). Passed with nearly 100% voting “YAE,” and is queued for execution.
Now on Snapshot:
- ERC4626 Strategies as Productive Collateral. Llama here proposes the introduction of new collateral type that will allow “users to earn the rewards of other protocols by depositing into Aave v3 Reserves.”
Recently on Snapshot:
- Staked ATokens, A New Aave Primitive Exploring Vote-Escrow Economies was approved by nearly 100% of voters on November 5.
- Deploy Aave V3 to zkSync 2.0 Testnet was approved by nearly 100% of voters on November 2.
- Security and Agility of Aave Smart Contracts via Continuous Formal Verification was approved by nearly 100% of voters on November 3.
Provide your feedback on these active Aave Requests for Comment (ARCs):
- Gauntlet <> Aave Renewal. A proposal to renew the twelve-month engagement, which expires in December.
- Risk Parameter Updates for Aave V2 ETH and Aave Arc (Fireblocks) 2022-11-03. Gauntlet recommends no parameter changes this week.
- ETH Interest Rate Curve Update. A proposal “to amend ETH interest rate parameters on the Aave Ethereum v2 and Ethereum v3 (when deployed) Liquidity Pools.”
LDO Emission_Admin for Polygon V3 Liquidity Pool. @llamaxyz “proposes amending the
Emission_Adminaddress to enable the distribution of LDO rewards.”
- BAL Interest Rate Curve Update. Llama proposes “to amend BAL interest rate parameters and enable borrowing of BAL on the Aave Ethereum v2 Liquidity Pool.” Be sure to follow the discussion as the proposal evolves.
- Add OP as Collateral to Aave V3. Gauntlet is analyzing.
- Add Support for BADGER on Aave V3. Discussion continues.
- Aave V3 Delployment: Assets and Configurations. A new comment about Index Coop’s DeFi Pulse Index, by @funkmasterflex.
- Add Support for cbETH. Some more comments in the discussion.
- Harmony One. Should Aave participate in the recovery process?
In the Forums
Aave Grants DAO presents the October update, courtesy of @0xmigi.
Gauntlet analyzes market risks of listing LP tokens as collateral (see here and here).
Here’s the update for month one, from Llama.
Delegate updates from @Kene_StableLab, @PennBlockchain, and @lbsblockchain, explaining votes.
Should we deploy Aave V3 on BNB chain?
For discussion, from @monet-supply: adjust stablecoin rate parameters on Aave V2 Ethereum.
Aave News recap in a thread.
J.P. Morgan used a “modified version of Aave” to execute its first live trade in DeFi.
Voting block delay. A reminder from @bgdlabs that voting opens 7200 blocks after proposal creation. (This from the changes coming from proposal # 106.)
Where should I have AAVE to participate in governance?
Quick Gov Links: Governance FAQ | Governance Docs | Discord Governance Channel | Snapshot | AIPs | Aave on Boardroom