Proposal: Add a PieDAO secondary market

Summary

PieDAO is a decentralized autonomous organization governing tokenized portfolio allocations. The DAO is focused on bringing market accessibility and economic empowerment to anyone with an internet connection through tokenized asset allocations. These ETF products known as PIEs are collectively governed by DAO members. DOUGH token holders are the DAO’s decision-makers and will be incentivized via a revenue stream from generated fees.

Proposal

Add support for the following assets as a PieDAO secondary market on Aave

# Asset
1 DEFI+L - DeFi Large Cap Pie
2 DEFI+S - DeFi Small Cap Pie
3 DEFI++ - DeFi Pie
4 BCP - Balanced Crypto Pie
5 YPIE - Yearn Ecosystem Pie
6 DOUGH - PieDAO governance token
7 ETH
8 WBTC
9 USDC
10 USDT
11 DAI
12 sUSD

$DeFi+L, $DeFi+S, $DeFi++, $BCP and $YPIE are Pies governed by PieDAO and represented by ERC20 tokens, providing exposure to the best projects of the DeFi ecosystem. Each underlying asset allocated in these Pies is fully collateralized, meaning that holding these Pies provides complete ownership of the underlying assets represented, ensuring the risk mitigation of a diversified index fund through a convenient single token.

Pies are generally modelled following our own Correlated Risk-Adjusted Market Cap methodology, which weigh each underlying asset’s allocation starting from its 30 Day Average Circulating Market Cap. A % max allocation is recursively selected through stress tests run to avoid possible scaling bottlenecks.

Additionally allocations may be averaged through the computation of a Sentiment Score, assessing each underlying asset’s merits in Innovation, Functionality to the DeFi Ecosystem and Growth Potential. This process is more extensively covered here

PieDAO recently introduced PieVaults, a new product range that can productively use the underlying assets across DeFi protocols. PieVaults maximise productivity and unlock multiple additional benefits for their holders such as Meta-governance, Lending Bouncing and Native Staking. Multiple strategies can be employed, e.g. lending one asset while staking another.

With Meta-Governance the DOUGH token is becoming a passport for governance across the entire DeFi ecosystem, with holders able to vote gas-free via Snapshot.

Our full proposal can be found here, including an extensive risk analysis for each of the asset proposed, to better highlight for each Pie:

1. the correlation of its underlying constituents through a Correlation Matrix
  2. their Equal Risk, assessing the assets’ covariance and overall Pie standard deviation as a measure of its risk, also highlighting the Marginal Contributions to Risk (MCTR) of each underlying asset to the Pie’s overall risk.

Audits

Full audits were performed by Quantstamp & MixBytes. Details here.

15 Likes

Resources

Discord https://discord.gg/Ze8SHjJ
Forum https://forum.piedao.org/
Medium PieDAO – Medium
Twitter https://twitter.com/piedao_DeFI
PieDAO Docs https://docs.piedao.org/

6 Likes

Would love to see this happen.

DeFi+L has a 16% AAVE allocation and pies provide clear innovation on existing DeFi indices with constant rebalancing.

PieVaults are very exciting allowing multiple yield-generating active strategies.

8 Likes

Awesome job on the purposal :clap: Would love to see this happen!

3 Likes

That would be huuuge.

3 Likes

I am fully behind this proposal. Let’s do it.!
Hare

3 Likes

This would be a great addition to the Aave platform. Let’s make it so!

5 Likes

I’m sure ghosts love pies! Looking forward to see PieDAO on Aave.

7 Likes

I would love to see this happen.

6 Likes

I’m all for it, great move for both communities!

3 Likes

+1 I love my Pie’s and seeing them on other platforms would be amazing!

2 Likes

+1 to see this happen!

1 Like

Oh man, this would be big!

1 Like

Would be amazing ! fully support this proposal

2 Likes

PieDAO gather amazing contributors.
Can’t wait to long YPIE and DeFi+L :yum:

To ensure rapid implementation, I suggest Pie team to start gathering proposal power while coding the Pie market on the side.

4 Likes

I’d be more than willing to help build this out after we launch the UNI-V2 market! Documenting the process of adding new markets (writing a medium article going 100% start to finish) that should also help anyone push for a new market’s addition.

PieDAO is a super cool and innovative product, and it’d be awesome to build out a market for it!

8 Likes

I’d love to see this happen!

1 Like

Bring on PIE! :yum: :yum:

1 Like

I would love to see this. I see PieDAO as a key part of making defi accessible and profitable for the individual, and having a market for it on Aave would be another huge step forward in that goal.

I would also like to add that it would be very beneficial for Aave to have these tokens as collateral because they functionally represent entire sectors of the crypto market, as opposed to using a single project as collateral.

3 Likes

I support this proposal, PieDAO market would be awesome !

2 Likes