Aave DAO - Financial Reports & Financial Metrics

Does anyone notice most diagram of the link in Dune is “took too long to execute”

@iceman very interesting proposal, did u get some feedback?

Hey @damonxu, I haven’t gotten any feedback yet! looking for some help and feedback before I post this in the broader forum for discussion and hopefully a quick proposal. I put all this in a shared google doc, would love any feedback on here, or just on this forum discussion before going to the broader group.

@iceman thanks for jumping in here.

I would note the need for a bit more specifics - assuming you mean Aave Grants DAO here?

This reads a bit confusing and misleading.

Second, I would note that Llama does not “play” with the treasury:

Instead, they monitor and report on the balance, helping with workflows and suggesting strategy. All deployments and use of funds must be confirmed via Governance.

I would also remind you that Llama’s relationship is funded via the Grants DAO. This is all to say it feels like the audience for your proposal is a bit misguided.

While there can be better diversification of stablecoins for Aave, this needs a bit more development.

75mm tokens? This is almost 5x the circulating supply - seems this is the Amount in USD?

Great points, sorry meant thousands instead of millions. And yes agreed, Llama does not ‘play’ with tokens, they do an incredible job at reporting and monitoring everything.

Does the AAVE tokens in the DAO not fund the Grants DAO? And would it not make sense to ensure that the Grants DAO has stable coins to utilize for grants rather than deploying AAVE tokens? Are they two separate DAOs operating independently? (hard to find legal organization charts, so I understand I could be completely wrong here in the underlying operating mechanics of the entire ecosystem)

This was just an idea to get some discussion going! Appreciate you jumping in where I’m off basis here, so what do you think would make sense?

Ah, I see - makes a bit more sense now.

At a total of $375k the proposal is less daunting.

I feel it may be better received if you posted this on the forum instead of in the comments to gain more visibility and feedback.

Yea, sry about that. but i agree - will kick off a separate discussion entirely to get some thoughts from people in general first.

1 Like

@Elliott thanks for this amazing work! When will the Mar’21 report be released?

Hi all,

We are pleased to present the March Financial report, we apologise for the late running of this report. We have run into limitations with the use of Dune and are working with their team to improve the user experience of the current dashboard. We are also developing in-house our own financial reporting system that is more flexible than dune, allowing us to incorporate all markets Aave operates in. We are hoping to be able to share this with the Aave community by the end of this month in the April update.

In the meantime please do comment and let us know what you would like to see included within these reports going forward.

4 Likes

thanks @Elliott! this is great. do we have CY20 financial data available by any chance?

@Elliott - Thanks for the report. Can you please send the tokenflow statement report as it is not present in the March Financial Report? Also, can you please investigate my query from March 17th, 2022. Would be good to understand burn rate and runway for the protocol considering the recent market drop.

Hi, thanks for your message. We did not present a tokenflow statement this month as we thought it would be misleading without the inclusion of the other markets Aave operates in.

Llama is doing an overhaul of the dashboard and backing system that tracks all transactions. We will be able to provide a tokenflow statement and the information you ask from your post in March in the next iteration of the report, which we anticipate being able to share in the next 2 weeks.

Aave - April 2022 Treasury Report

Llama is pleased to present the April Financial report. Llama is currently facing issues and limitations with the use of Dune. We are however actively developing in-house our own financial reporting system that is more flexible than dune, enabling us to incorporate all markets Aave operates in. This will allow us to bring back the tokenflow statements and provide more in depth analysis of revenue generated across a number of markets not currently supported by Dune.

In the meantime please do comment and let us know what you would like to see included in the reports going forward.

4 Likes

May 2022 Financial Report

@Llamaxyz is pleased to present the community with a May Financial Report. After some solid build time, Llama is now able to provide financial reporting across all network. The May report includes the following Aave markets:

• Ethereum v1
  • Ethereum v2
  • Ethereum AMM
  • Ethereum ARC
  • Ethereum RWA
  • Polygon v2
  • Polygon v3
  • Avalanche v2
  • Avalanche v3
  • Arbitrum v3
  • Fantom v3
  • Harmony v3
  • Optimism v3

We have now completed our transition away from Dune which will enable us to build out ever increasing detail and analysis over time. Please feel free to comment here and share any financial metrics that folks would like to see in the reports.

Authors from @Llamaxyz: @Elliott, @MatthewGraham and @scottincrypto.

5 Likes

June 2022 Financial Report

Fresh on the back of publishing the May report, @Llamaxyz would like to present the June 2022 Financial Report.

The below image shows a breakdown of all assets held by Aave DAO spanning all networks. The Ecosystem Reserve held $102.4M of AAVE and the combined Reserve Factors held $41,360,574.89 by the DAO at the end on June.

4 Likes

July 2022 Financial Report

Llama is publishing the July Financial report @Llamaxyz has provided deeper analysis into the various reserve factor holdings and has split out in $ terms total holdings in a granular fashion.

The below image shows a potential prediction of future Revenues expected to be generated based upon July actual data.

We have also summarised all assets held by Aave DAO spanning all networks. The Ecosystem Reserve held $172.4M of AAVE and the combined Reserve Factors held $43M by the DAO at the end of July.

3 Likes