Adding UNI as collateral to AAVE v3 Optimism and Arbitrum

I am new to participating in any sort of governance forums, but I simply wanted to start the conversation of adding the UNI token to be supported collateral on AAVE v3 Optimism and Arbitrum. The UNI token is one of the most widely held tokens and Uniswap does large daily volumes on both the Optimism and Arbitrum network, and with Uniswap being the largest/highest earning protocols next to Ethereum itself I was curious to see why the token is not yet supported on V3 while it’s been available as collateral on Aave v2 for a long time. Was hoping to see what the next steps would be for pushing this proposal forward.

1 Like

Hey Riley! Welcome to the forum–looks like we’re both making our first posts. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

The UNI token has a higher market cap than some tokens already being used as collateral on both Arbitrum and Optimism v3. If you’re interested in getting the ball rolling, it’s worth submitting an Aave Request for Comments (ARC) that includes some relevant risk data and a justification for allowing UNI to be used as collateral.

You can learn more about the process of proposals and their implementation in this forum topic and the governance docs.

3 Likes