ARC: Extend AAVE Liquidity Mining Rewards

I see this discussion evolved a lot, really happy to see the community in action !

Actually, you missed a few points on the feedback brought by other community members and myself, and the some of the ones mentioned are not fully accurate :

I agree with @Alex_BertoG on an incentive for users keeping a HF > 2. It would motivate users to keep a safe position which can lower a bit the SM risk. Someone made a snapshot vote for this : Snapshot

We could make another one with this solution, the net deposits one, and also the current way for the community to decide which way is better

I definitely think we should add AAVE if we add LINK too, however, we discussed that the rate should obviously be lower than the SM, so it doesn’t compete with StkAave yield and @Alex_BertoG said it too.

I fully agree on using a considerable part of the LM program to bootstrap new markets/assets, and personally, I’d allocate 40-50% of the LM program, but both the reward split between V2 and other markets and the modification of the allocation, should be voted by the community on Snapshot.

Special thanks to @state btw for building this amazing tool that finally allows all the community to have a voice in the governance.

This should also be decided by the community, and I believe there should be more voting options (for example 700/600/500/400K )

We’ll try to propose a new distribution in the coming days with some community members.

I shared with you my opinion about the inefficiency of the cooldown to avoid selling pressure and this was showed by the LM program, either because people can wait 10 days to sell it as it’s not any random token, or because some sell it with a slippage on a DEX.

My point would be to stop reward in StkAave and use Aave instead, or maybe even other tokens if we can get some from other projects as mentioned below.

From what i understand, 43% of StkAAVE have activated the cooldown, which means almost half of the rewards were either sold it or moved their AAVE on polygon, but the high rewards on polygon only lasted a month, so this can’t explain it all. Moreover, I assume these stats don’t take into account the StkAAVE sold on the market, meaning part of the 57% that did not called the cooldown could have sold too. Not later than yersterday, you could sell 1 stkAave for 0.984 aave, against 0.996 the day before.

Also, not sure if all the rewards for the LM are deposited on the SM and then distributed but i guess so, and in this case this also dilute the StkAave holders which already have a very low return.

As mentioned on our discussion, adding some vesting mechanism on the rewards with exit penalty could be very positive, as the penalty could be sent to the Safety module, solving two problems : reduce the dump and increase the safety module rewards (which is a pretty important point, we need to re balance the rewards between the SM and the LM)

A more detailed proposition on this will be shared in the coming days, working on this with a few community members.

Can you explain why you don’t think using LM to kickstart other markets like the AMM market is a good idea ?

Agree about the ability to adapt the LM and I believe a review every 3 months was mentioned above, but it could be much more often like every 2weeks or month, bot not sure this is what you meant by progressive bootstrapping phase with flexibility

This could be really great, but not sure if a lot of projects would agree to just give rewards for Aave, or the one that might agree could be some new/dangerous projects that what to be listed imo

@state Agree with everything you said, but I wonder, is it mandatory to have the LM running for 1 year ? Why couldn’t we vote on it every x month like the previous LM programs ?

These are some interesting ideas and i fully support the one about rewarding users with HF > 2, but the other seems a bit complicated and maybe it needs more discussions ?

No, it’s not imo, we don’t need VCs deciding every proposal.

I definitely agree with you on this, the protocol is still early and needs an active community.

Thanks for reading my comments !

4 Likes