ARC Round 5 Liquidity Mining Aave v2 Ethereum Market

Knew this was coming - now here it is!

Liquidity Mining has been quite helpful in bootstrapping activity and deposits for the protocol - however, I am afraid we have matured past this point. Aave has established a product-market fit.

TVL is a bit hard to measure with prices however looking at deposits this seems to be true:

I am in agreement of there is not an immediate need to restart this program.

Maybe there is a general lack of awareness among depositors - but still, the efficacy of these programs seems to be waning. Please see the graph below:

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 2.30.49 PM

You can see the full interactive chart here: Aave Daily Depositors - Flipside Crypto

Deposits following the first LM have slowly declined - in some cases, to a level less than the average daily deposits before. There are little to no upticks on AIP-32 and AIP-47 introductions.

As depositors react to the end of this program and volatile market conditions, I believe it is best to wait to see how deposits change before passing a renewal of this program. It is expensive - floating around $86k/day.

I am grateful for your initiative and encourage a revisit of this at a later date.

3 Likes