[ARFC] Deprecate Aave V2 AMM Market

Simple Summary

For clarity, we are starting a separate forum thread to follow up on the conversation here two weeks ago.

Given the low usage of the V2 AMM market and its risk/reward profile, this is a temperature check for deprecating the Aave V2 AMM market. Forum discussion can be found here.

Specifically, to

1. Set Liquidation Threshold to 0 for all LP Tokens
  2. Freeze all other assets (DAI, USDC, Tether, WBTC, ETH)

Motivation

Given the low level of usage on the AMM V2 market, and the fact that the only unfrozen assets are now majors (DAI, USDC, USDT, WBTC, ETH) that are available on V2 ETH and V3 ETH, we recommend deprecating the AMM V2 market. This includes setting LTs to zero for all LP tokens, and freezing all other assets (DAI, USDC, Tether, WBTC, ETH).

Freezing assets does not liquidate positions. Setting LTs to zero can liquidate affected accounts (users who borrow against LP token collateral). There are currently ~$150k deposits of LP tokens in the market.

Next Steps

• If the Snapshot vote passes, publish AIP with ample notice time for users to adjust their positions as needed.

Snapshot vote has been published below - voting begins on 4/24/2023. We thank the community for their participation.

https://snapshot.org/#/aave.eth/proposal/0xc0be2141c5623d9233228b715def014050b5e224a6f8ec2c5ea67a15ba5cd8cb

1 Like

The Snapshot vote has passed. We plan on putting up an on-chain vote in 4 weeks on 5/29/2023.

Reducing LT to 0 for all LP tokens will make those accounts liquidatable. As such, given the ~1 week long governance process, this would give users 5 weeks from now to make any changes to their positions. Currently, there are ~$120k of LP tokens supplied in the market.

To give users additional time, we target 6/6/2023 for an on-chain proposal.

From a technical perspective, we have discovered that there are some limitations with reducing LT to zero for this market. As a result, for now, we will only move forward with freezing the remaining assets (which have been approved by the Snapshot vote), and not reduce LT to zero. As such, our upcoming AIP will not cause any user liquidations.

AIP published:

Hi there. I currently have quite a bit of WBTC lent out and stables borrowed on Ethereum V2 AMM. now I have collateral frozen. Can you advise the easiest way to transfer to V3?

Hey @Jsimo01 ,
Although all reserves are frozen, you can still unwind your position on Ethereum V2 AMM. Just payback your debt and withdraw your collateral

1 Like

@Jsimo01 the BGD Aave v2 → v3 migration tool has been enabled between Ethereum v2 AMM and Aave v3 Ethereum on app.aave.com, so you should be able to use it to migrate your position too.

1 Like

Thank you - Yes, I moved everything to ETH V3. I should be good…cheers

2 Likes

Hi, I have a position in V2, no borrowing. How can i withdraw it now?

Go to the ui, select the correct pool and withdraw (or migrate to v3, I think there’s a feature on ui for this as well)

On Web UI, this is not available
Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 8.03.38 AM
, it shows V2 has been deprecated.

The pool is deprecated, but if you login with a wallet that has funds in the pool you can withdraw/repay & migrate

It’s not visible in supply. I can see it in my wallet.

@ghantav what you have is aave-v1 assets, not aave v2 amm assets.
Avara hosts an interface for aave-v1 here: Aave - Open Source Liquidity Protocol

I am using Argent Wallet and wallet connect is not working. So I am kind of stuck, can you please suggest alternative actions?

Just a community member and as the ui is closed source i can’t really check. I assume the wallet connect integration is just outdated. Perhaps check with the avara support on discord or email.

One thing i guess one can always do is interact with the block explorer directly as i assume it supports modern wallet connect.