Week of October 3, 2022
The critical Autonomous Proposal accumulated enough (320K AAVE) proposition power to execute, which meant that two proposals were initiated: The “vote boost” proposal (which succeeded), and the proposal to adjust Level 2 requirements (which is active). Read all about the process and its importance to Aave governance here.
The second proposal needs to meet high quorum and differential thresholds. So go vote.
Process note: The most recent, always excellent Aave News is out. Going forward, we at Boardroom will be contributing to the governance news covered there. (We’ll still post here, just to make sure all bases are covered.)
Active Aave Improvement Proposals (AIPs):
- Adjust Aave Governance Level 2 requirements (106).
Recently active Aave Improvement Proposals:
- Use AAVE Ecosystem Reserve to vote YES on proposal to adjust Level 2 Governance requirements (107). This passed with nearly 100% voting “YAE.”
- Ethereum v2 Reserve Factor - aFEI Holding Update (105) passed and was executed on October 9.
- Llama <> Aave (104) passed and was executed on October 9.
- Risk Parameter Updates for Aave V2: 2022-10-06 is live until October 11, 9PM GMT. See full description here.
- Aave v3 Ethereum. Approval of path forward is live until October 11, 10AM GMT. Discussion here.
- Chaos Labs <> Aave. This updated proposal has passed with nearly 100% voting “yes.” Discussion continues.
Provide your feedback on these new Aave Requests for Comment (ARC):
- Security and Agility of Aave Smart Contracts via Continuous Formal Verification. @shelly from Certora extends this proposal from a previous one, requesting a year-long commitment from Aave DAO at $2.7m, with an additional $400k suggested for fellowships and community grants for security engineers from the Aave community.
Ongoing requests for comment:
- Add Goldfinch FIDU as collateral to Aave V2.
- Improving wMATIC Parameters on Aave v3 Polygon.
- Launch Aave V3 on Metis.
- Add OP as collateral to Aave v3 (technical parameters update from Optimism’s @ben-chain).
- Add new KNC to Aave v2 and v3.
- Price Manipulation Implications for Aave V2: September 2022
In the Forums
Aave Grants DAO has posted its September update, with details about budget, grantees, and events provided by @0xmigi.
Delegate platforms: See updates and voting rationales from Franklin DAO (@PennBlockchain).
Delegation at Aave: Everything you need to know, brought to you by @AaveGrants.
Real-time monitoring of Aave, thanks to Forta.
rAAVE in Bogatá.
Community call on October 24, 4PM GMT, featuring Stani, bgdlabs, Gauntlet, Llama, and more.
Who manages the Aave treasury?
Do delegates get paid?
Quick Gov Links: Governance FAQ | Governance Docs | Discord Governance Channel | Snapshot | AIPs | Aave on Boardroom