Week of January 16, 2023
“The technical setup for the Aave v3 Ethereum activation is finished,” says BGD Labs, and “the governance proposal to activate Aave v3 Ethereum has been created.” Voting for the AIP is active today.
Separately, many thanks to @Kene_StableLab and Bobbay_StableNode, who posted a v0 of the Aave Finance Governance Process. It “aims to provide an overview of the different roles, flow and pathways for various stakeholders to participate in Aave DAO,” and can be “continuously updated by Aave DAO contributors.”
Aave Improvement Proposals (AIPs):
- Aave V3 Ethereum (147). This proposal “activates the Aave V3 Ethereum pool (3.0.1), by completing all the initial setup and listing WBTC, WETH, wstETH, USDC, DAI, LINK, and AAVE.” (See further discussion of the wETH and wstETH interest rate curve here.)
- Repay Excess CRV Debt on Ethereum v2 (146). A proposal to “procure CRV with aUSDC from the Collector Contract for the purpose of repaying the excess debt in the CRV Reserve on the Ethereum v2 liquidity pool.”
- Renew Aave Grants DAO (145). This proposal will provide “Aave Grants DAO (AGD) with $3.25m for the next two quarters (Q1 and Q2 2023) to fund more projects that benefit AAVE,” as described in the recent Snapshot.
- Ethereum v2 Collector Contract Consolidation (144). This proposal succeeded with 100% voting “YAE” and will be executed on January 23.
- Freeze jEUR on Aave v3 Polygon (143). This proposal succeeded with 100% voting “YAE” and will be executed on January 23.
- Freeze agEUR on Aave v3 Polygon (142). This proposal failed on January 22 with nearly 100% voting “NAY.”
Now on Snapshot:
- [ARC] Compensate Bug Bounty Contributor. This proposal suggests that the community compensate the “contributor for risk analysis conducted during market volatility.”
- [ARFC] CRV Interest Rate Curve Upgrade. See the most recent discussion of this proposal for a suggestion to split this proposal into four separate ones.
- [ARC] Interest Rate Curve Changes for Aave V2 ETH. This proposal passed on January 20th with 100% voting “YAE.”
Provide your feedback on these Aave Requests for Comment (ARCs):
- [ARFC] Repay Excess CRV Debt on Ethereum v2. Although almost 66% voted to “use USDC to acquire CRV” on December 16, the market has shifted considerably and there considerations are [ARFC] Repay Excess CRV Debt on Ethereum v2. Almost 66% voted to “use USDC to acquire CRV” on December 16.
- [ARC]: Add support for Origin Dollar (OUSD) on Ethereum V3. A proposal to add “lend/borrow support for the Origin Dollar stablecoin.”
- [ARC] UI/UX Upgrade Governance Framework. @AaveCompanies notes that “going forward, prospective integrators should reach out to Aave Companies at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the process for integrations.”
- [ARC] Add Support for wstETH on Arbitrum Aave v3, a proposal from Lido.
- [ARC] Add Support for cbETH. Discussion continues as Chaos Labs provides analysis and recommendations.
- [ARC] onboard rETH (rocket pool ETH) to Aave V3 ethereum market. Discussion continues, and support is strong.
In the Forums
Delegate platform updates from @lbsblockchain, @fig (Flipside), and StableNode.
Governance research done by @martin of ChainSafe Systems has sparked an interesting discussion of what is being worked on and what can still improve.
Financial report for Q4 2022, provided by @Llamaxyz.
“Get your stAAVE and AAVE ready to GHO vote”!
Aave News #84, get it here.
Celebrating Aave grants winners from December.
Who are the active solo DAO governors in Aave?
Quick Gov Links: Governance FAQ | Governance Docs | Discord Governance Channel | Snapshot | AIPs | Aave on Boardroom