Hi Aave fam,
I’m Jorge, a co-founder of Aragon and CEO at Aragon One, the company that has developed most of Aragon’s infrastructure to date.
I’d like to make a proposal for Aave to support ANT as a collateral asset. We think being able to lend and borrow ANT on Aave would open up several exciting opportunities for both Aragon and Aave.
ANT, the native token of the Aragon Network is already a well traded token with average daily trading volume in excess of $40m and tradable on most major exchanges including Binance, Huobi and OKEX.
A natural progression is to now create an ANT lending market and we can’t think of a better place to do that than with the Aave community. Being able to borrow and lend ANT would enable holders to:
- Increase exposure to bonded ANT assets or other ANT based lockdrops
- Create interest bearing aANT that can both be staked in other protocols (a necessity for an insurance product for DAOs we are currently researching) and loaned out to DAOs with unsecured loans via Credit Delegation (we have tons of ideas for uncollateralized DAO to DAO lending without legal agreements)
- Increase voting power in the Aragon Network DAO to vote on important proposals
- Engage in ANT farming
- Create leveraged ANT trades leveraged derivatives
To kick off the ANT lending market on Aave, the Aragon Association and a number of other well known institutionals looking to put their ANT to work are ready to seed the lending market with over $10m worth of ANT.
Future Aave x Aragon collabs
Besides from developing an ANT lending market, there are other initiatives that we’re excited to develop with the Aave community. Over $350m worth of assets are currently secured by Aragon DAOs and we expect that number to surpass $1 billion by the end of 2020.
We’re interested in exploring a deeper integration with Aave that would enable Aragon DAOs to:
- Deposit their entire vault of supported assets as collateral in Aave
- DAO to DAO loans using Aave Credit Delegation
- Convert specific assets in their vault into aTokens
- On-ramp off-ramp to fiat (assuming this eventually be possible with Aave)
Other interesting things that Aragon could help Aave with are:
- Implementing Optimistic Snapshot to make off-chain votes currently occurring on Snapshot binding on-chain with an Aragon DAO
- DAO treasury management with conviction voting
Incredibly excited about everything that we can build together.