Proposal: Introduce Liquidity Incentives for Aave v2

I think the stkAave part should be skipped and the users participating in the liquidity mining should just get Aave instead.
I don’t see the 10 day cooldown as an obstacle for someone to not sell the token (if that was the main reason for the implementation). It just floods the safety module with small amounts of rewards which would not be put there if the LM didn’t yield stkAave. Do the tokens actually get automatically put in the safety module before the users click on claim?

The 10 days cooldown has for sure an impact in making “industrial dump farms” more complicated as it’s not only the 10 days, but also every time you claim your stkAAVE the cooldown period gets prolonged proportionally to the amount claimed.
On the other hand, having your asset in the safety module shows a positive incentive when you claim as you automatically start earning more AAVE.

If you mean having one big transaction to send to everybody (not autosending on each protocol interaction) that’s impossible to do. You won’t be able to send to more than 20 at a time. There is a block size limit and any transaction cannot be bigger than that.

You can send to at least 100 or 110 addresses in one transaction on ether network. If there’s a will, there’s a way, and there’s of course a very cheap way or airdropping it to all users on MATIC.
Anyway, it seems there’s a little chance of seeing that which is fine. For majority of users it will just be as if incentive never existed.

If we suppose an avg gas limit of 350K per claim (which can be higher depending on how many assets are deposited/borrowed) you will fill a 15M block with 42 claims. A transaction that fills the whole block will cost thousands of dollars (most likely tens of thousands, considering that a tx that fills the whole block has way less chance of getting added to the network unless you pay a lot more in gas). Who would trigger this transaction? Who would pay thousands just to distribute rewards to 40 users?
A 10K loan still generates 400$ a year of incentives at 4% APR, that’s 400$ a year. In conditions of below average network congestion (30-40 safelow gas), that we have seen are becoming common these days, a 350K gas tx costs around 50$. Of course not ideal, but really this is the state of the ethereum network right now. Honestly this is the reason why the polygon market exists

I’m not talking about issuing claim (an expensive operation) for all addresses, I’m talking about taking a snapshot of user stAAVE balance at some point, nulling them and then airdropping registered amount to each address on ETH network or on Matic network. If done on ETH network, is a regular ERC20 transfer covering at least 100 to 110 adressess in one transaction.
And if done on Matic, it will cost less than 100$ even it needs to be sent to 10k addresses.

this would make the distribution system completely centralized though. If someone from the community is willing to implement it, then it’s a matter of finding how to fund the transactions.

1 Like