[ Updated Dec, 16, 2022 ]
Hello, Denny here
I’m the founder of radish.la. We applied for a grant to enhance AAVE Governance UI with features like on-chain/snapshot proposals, visualization of vote/proposal power and delegates data for token holders, participation, and creation of proposals.
Radish is a team of engineers that helps DAOs create software for their ecosystem. Formed by a group of engineers with knowledge on real-time solutions and banking services.
Our goal with AAVE is to provide token holders, functional, correct, user-friendly and error responsive solutions.
As an AAVE token holder, when you navigate to app.aave.com/governance users will see a complete status of the ongoing proposals and vote on them. The current UI is functional for listing proposals, participation, and delegation of power.
The problem is that as a user I want to know an overall status of the “Governance” in the AAVE Ecosystem, ongoing proposals, top delegates, and if desired an account-address specific overview of one’s Governance Power.
There’s where we plan to enhance the current UI
Proposal | Governance Overview
Token Holder Overview
On-chain Proposal creation / Payload
NOTE: This proposal creation UI expects the AIP to be submitted at GitHub - aave/aip: Aave Improvement Proposals, a holder will then create the payload within this frontend.
Complete ARC→AIP→Simulation and Payload execution process
There’s a possible solution to have almost every part of the proposal creation and execution within the governance UI, the simplest one is to impersonate a proposer with a shared GitHub account, with this we submit the AIP for review and pull any comments/PR modifications or request to the UI.
If this can be functional to AAVE Token holders, we’ll update or create another proposal that considers this process, the payload simulation and last but not least unify the feedback provided to AIP from the maintainers and Guardians.
- AIP creation process: AIPs - Governance
- From idea to implementation to execution: https://governance.aave.com/t/aip-from-idea-to-implementation-to-execution
- Complete user flow in this Figma Mock
To enhance AAVE Governance overview for AAVE Token holders we are creating a platform within https://app.aave.com that unifies snapshot.org and AAVE on-chain proposal for voting, proposal creation, Governance overview and delegation.
For our UI we are taking snapshot.org UI as reference, holders already know the mechanism behind this UI. The frontend will provide the user delegation and participation history, and address-specific information.
Take a look at the complete user flow in this Figma Mock
The Project Goals
Currently, Aavenomics are fueled by proposals at https://governance.aave.com which ratified through community voting on snapshot.org UI to gauge holders and on-chain AIPs.
We want to provide AAVE token holders a better way to interact with the protocol governance by giving them a user-friendly, responsive and functional UI to participate and validate proposals.
We plan to develop the software in 3 cycles. 1 Cycle per month. That said, to keep the community updated we’ll be sharing weekly overall status of the platform to Stakeholders either trough this forum or if required, by email.
Each project cycle output will be a live URL for testing, participation and validation of each item within the cycle scope. We are also open to having weekly revisions in Discord or other to showcase and iterate over the project scope, and it’s implementation.
NOTE: The UI we are showing in Figma mocks is not absolute, which means we are open to adding/changing colors, copy, wording or adding different chart visuals.
- Holder: A connected account with available proposal/vote power
- User: Anyone connected (or not) and using the Governance UI
Cycle 1 – Governance user landing & Proposals View/ Voting
- Governance: Users can see the intro copy and links for “AAVE Governance”
- Governance: Holders can delegate power to them or specific addresses
- Governance: Users can see an overview of the proposal status (open, pending, closed)
- Governance: Users can see the latest open/ongoing proposals
- Proposals: Users can view the list of ongoing proposals
- Proposals: Users can filter proposals by date (If required) and status
- Proposals: Holders can view a proposal definition and vote on the proposal
Cycle 2 – Account Governance & Delegates
- Governance: Users can see a list of the top Delegates
- Governance: Users can see an overview of the delegates with a reference of the percent delegated and total units delegated
- Governance: Holders can delegate power to delegates in the list
- Account: Users can see an overview of the governance power (vote and proposal) an address have
- Account: Users can see a graphic reference with information about an address proposal participation and proposal creation
- Account: Apart from the graphic reference, Users can see and filter an address proposal activity
Cycle 3 – Proposal Creation
At this point, the platform can be shared with the AAVE users, so they can test the platform and provide feedback around the platform.
The scope for this cycle is to build the proposal creation UI:
- New Proposal: Holders make a SnapshotX proposal within the UI
- New Proposal: Holders can setup AIP payload – Transaction list within the UI
Cycle 3 – Termination and Live Deployment
- After user acceptance, and address iteration comments/suggestions, we can make an official launch for the platform : )
Our priority is to give the best frontend experience. A responsive and consistent system by taking into consideration all the trickery required to tailor a distributed software.
Our stack will be the regular NextJs, TailwindCSS, Typescript codebase as used in current interface at GitHub - aave/interface: An open source interface for the decentralized liquidity protocol Aave.
Data will be fetched from AAVE Subgraphs, and we’ll use current implementation tooling within AAVE repos(Aave · GitHub, utils, contract-helpers, aave-js)
We are putting our best engineers to provide the best experience to AAVE token holders and develop the Governance platform within 3 months.
Resources (3.4 FTE/month)
- Product Engineers
- Senior Frontend Developer (5K USDC/month)
- Frontend Developer (2K USDC/month)
- Support UI/UX Engineer (1K USDC/month)
- Support Solidity Engineer (Radish Team)
- Project Manager
- Denny Portillo (Radish Team)
Governance Participation and Research
30 AAVE to be used within the AAVE Governance and to put ourselves “in the skin”.
Management and Support fees
50 AAVE (~ $3,000 USD) for support and management fees for us - Radish Team.
- Cycle 1: 8K USDC + 30 AAVE
- Cycle 2: 8K USDC
- Cycle 3: 8K USDC + 50 AAVE
- USDC: 24K
- AAVE: 80
Hope to get feedback and keep building. Any suggestion to make the platform better for AAVE holders is welcome. If any reader is in the need of building primitives for the Web3 ecosystem, ping me on telegram as @d3portillo or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org