Draft Date: 2023-10-27.
Published dated: 2023-11-08
This proposal proposes the following.
- Introduce voting seasons for proposals starting where proposals can only be submitted on Mondays and Wednesdays due to the relatively high proposal volume in the DAO.
- Introduce a separate Snapshot.org space for tempcheck proposals;
The current governance mechanism of Aave DAO enables anyone to submit proposals to get vetted by the Aave token holders. Due to the relatively decentralised nature of the Aave DAO, we are experiencing a vast number of proposals both on the Snapshot and on-chain; there was a total number of 32 proposals in September and 19 votes in the Snapshot (DeepDAO.io, 28 October 2023). DAOplomats, being active delegates in the Aave ecosystem, have made the following observations.
- Volume of Proposals: Overwhelming number of proposals due on Snapshot and onChain is daunting for delegates and community members alike and may deter new delegates from participating.
- Decision Fatigue: The astonishing number of proposals could lead to uninformed and poor-quality votes by the token holders.
- Engagement Concerns: Many hobby participants of the Aave DAO governance will need help keeping up with the updates and cycles of the Aave governance.
To address the above-mentioned concerns and ensure that each proposal is getting sufficient attention, we propose a structured voting season on Mondays and Wednesdays every week.
This proposal is also a part of DAOplomats’ more significant aim of governance-minimised engagement for the DAO, which reduces voter fatigue and apathy.
As this proposal pertains to governance guidelines, it does not require any on-chain action or protocol changes. The proposed changes can only be implemented socially.
Voting day: Monday and Wednesday
- Designated Days: Proposals can only be submitted on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Historical data indicates that DAOs generally see a higher engagement on proposals at the beginning of the week, particularly on Mondays. This is likely because community members and delegates log in to the forums after the weekend, ready to engage with new proposals. By designating Mondays and Wednesdays as the official voting days, we aim to capitalise on this trend and ensure maximum participation. Furthermore, there are more three-day proposals, making more minor parameter changes to the protocol. Introducing Mondays and Wednesdays as proposal submission days strikes a balance between giving delegates ample time to review and vote and ensuring swift decision-making for matters that don’t require prolonged deliberation.
- Temp Check snapshot space:
Proposal authors often use Snapshot to temp check between different viable potions before submitting the final draft of a proposal. These temp check proposals often don’t carry the same amount of weight as the final draft of the proposals and should not be cluttered with the AIPs that are waiting to move to on-chain voting. Due to this Rationale, we propose to make a new space for temp check posts.
No Guarantee of Results; and Limitation of Liability:
This proposal is neutrally presented based on current community sentiment. Given the evolving nature of DAOs, there’s no assurance that the proposed changes will yield the intended results. The author(s) and associated parties are not liable for any outcomes or damages from this proposal’s implementation or lack thereof.
- If consensus is reached on this temp check, escalate this proposal to the ARFC stage.
- If the Tempcheck outcome is YAE, this proposal will be considered canon, and the guidelines will be adopted.
Copyright and related rights waived via CC0.