Community consensus on universities and the role of students within the AAVE ecosystem

Hello all, my name is Nicholas Harness and I’m the student president at the University Blockchain Alliance. UBA is a decentralized coalition of over 90 university blockchain clubs representing schools in 15 countries (these countries range from western nations such as the US and different countries in Europe to emerging market nations such as Brazil, India, and countries throughout Africa). I’m very interested in learning how the AAVE community best thinks AAVE could go about supporting students interested in the blockchain space as well as how you all would like to see students and universities contribute to AAVE and the general DeFi space. Also interested in learning about any specific roles you would like students to take a more active role in within the AAVE ecosystem. Very keen to hear ideas from Students, AAVE team members, community members and everyone else!

3 Likes

Hey there Nicolas, pleased to meet you :grin:

I guess they could do the exact same thing as other community members: participate in governance discussions, contribute to the code, spread the word about AAVE and the importance of DeFi, that kind of stuff

Why not imagine hackathons reserved for students

I hardly imagine something official though but I could be wrong

1 Like

I like the student centric hackathon idea! Could be a great way to get students thinking about AAVE and DeFi in a more engaging way then just hosting a workshop or seminar.

Yup, could be a nice event