I am willing to donate half of the stolen 6.2k aave funds to the community. Or freeze them forever. Just to catch the hacker

I would advise you to contact a reputable law firm to start right away. It takes time to collect evidence and prepare for the case.

Yes, I have contacted some law firms in London. But according to aave’s term of use Aave – Open Source DeFi Protocol | Term of use " Aave SAGL is a company incorporated in Switzerland, under license number CH50140228832 with registered office and principal place of business at Piazza Indipendenza 1, 6830 Chiasso, Switzerland." There is language issue too. I will contact the law firms in Japan (where I am living) to see if I can file a case in Japan.
Thank you. I have been too busy in the past months and will come back to this issue.

Peter, I know what you’ve gone through is mind-bogglingly painful and unfair.

Nobody should have to go through what you had to go through. It’s quite likely that you were a victim of an attack in the same vein as Hugh Karp (founder of Nexus Mutual, lost funds on their official website).

Let me know if that looks like what happened to you. If it does- I’d still assume your PC is compromised, and ensure you don’t use Windows!

Aave or the DAO really can’t do anything about this, Peter, I’m sorry, but know that there’s always new opportunities right around the corner.

1 Like

Thank you @Zer0dot for your info.
My case is diffrent. I am not using Windows. And when the hacking happened I was sleeping and the computer was turned off (it was around 5:00AM, Japan time). I did not do any transaction before and after the hacking (for at least 10 hours).

If as you said, AAVE could not do anything about the hacking, I will not do anything against it. But it is not the case. The fund was put in cooldown. As according to the policy “The cooldown period by default is 10 days, but this can be further extended by the governance.”, it is possible even without a voting to continue cool it down and rescue the fund.

Good luck Peter.
Lawyers will be happy to take your money.
But it will prove a waste as your case is honestly just way too weak Sir.
You can go ahead and do it because understandably you are upset and who wouldn’t in your situation.
But mathematics in court make things much easier.
And the math is completely against you here sir my opinion
I come from a family that has had lawyers for 3 generations and I’m just giving my opinion.
Don’t let your emotions pay Lawyers because they won’t mind them…unless you really love and miss London and are willing to lose even more money you should think of going ahead with such idea.
Anyway…my too cents only
I wish you the best of luck either way.

:beers:

Thanks. @Dc_aave , @WolfMaven
I just need to find a good law firm. It is not easy as English and defi knowlege are required.
I have enough money, no worries for that.
If anyone have any ideas, please let me know.

@WolfMaven ,I understand you. But I do not have time to go to other media to shout out. But if you can do that, it will be much appreciated.