BGD. Rescue of tokens locked on Aave. Overview and Phase 1

@bgdlabs I think id like an update on the state of the rescue

We are pretty convinced it will be possible to create the proposal during the following 2 weeks @godof2dwar . Currently, we want to still apply some extra security procedures, but the codebase required for the rescue, it is pretty ready

1 Like

@bgdlabs any update on this proposal? Have security checks concluded?

We still have some last part of the security review pending, but it should be a matter of days at the moment, for the creation of an Autonomous Proposal (similar to what was done on RFC. Aave Governance. Adjust Level 2 requirements (long-executor)).

Even if the smart contracts changes for this “rescue mission” are simple, the components touched for it (AAVE token, Safety Module) are heavily critical, we are trying to be quite conservative, not rushing it.

1 Like

Hello @everyone, hope everything is ok!!

Have a great year all of us!!

Things in Brazil is not going well, can i do something the money back? Any forecast?

Is the last one left, If i can do something, please let me know.

Kind regards and have a good year.

Hello bro

Have a great year.

Any news around here?

Hello Guys,

Could I have any update ? Things in my country is becoming a little messed up.

Please let me know what I can do to help!!

Kind regards

JMG

This will take time. As @bgdlabs already stated they are touching critical infrastructure and i am more than happy, that they are taking this cautious approach. You all should be thankful that they are even started this initiative. Its not like that all protocols do this at all.

My AAVE coin was wrongly transferred to AAVE Foundation through Metamask. I’d like it returned. Help me.

My AAVE coin was wrongly transferred to AAVE Foundation through Metamask. I’d like it returned. Help me.

txid : 0xf279c2331911939d690abcb7118c3e8e618098d48f59ad7411a6b74f32a43ea7
address : 0x6c3ce81edd8292c0a5b60f7b2e3ff53a810c3561

I know and I am very thankful!!

Thanks for your return.

Kind regards

@bgdlabs plz tell me hurry up sir

Hi Guys , is there any plan /phase coming for rescuing AAVE token mistakely sent to the AAVE smart contract address (ON POLYGON CHAIN) ?

As final preparation for the rescue mission, we have made a snapshot as of today of all the user addresses, assets, and amounts eligible for rescue in the initial Phase 1.

We recommend everybody with funds locked (on the current scope of Phase 1, and not others) to verify their address is present on the following document, by just searching (Ctrl+f) their address:

https://github.com/bgd-labs/rescue-mission-phase-1/blob/master/js-scripts/maps/usersAmounts.json

In the following days, ACI (@MarcZeller) will support the rescue mission by creating the necessary on-chain governance proposals, for both Level 1 and Level 2 executors. If/when the proposals pass, we will provide a UI to the community to claim the locked assets from the eligible addresses.

7 Likes

Rescuing these lock tokens for the benefit of their fair holders is the right thing to do.

The ACI is proud to play a small part in this operation and is thankful for @bgdlabs work.

6 Likes

Biggest thanks to you, AC and @bgdlabs !

1 Like

I just finished talking to Binance support and they tell me there is nothing they can do when assets are confirmed through the blockchain and removed from Binance. and they gave me the blockchain link of my transaction again, which I attached. But it is clear that it is something mine and they have to return it to me.

So if Binance cannot do anything, then you won’t get your tokens back (unfortunately).
Yes they are your token, but you were also the one who sent them wrong so there is nothing Aave can do here for you. If it would have been your own wallet, there would a chance.

As @EzR3aL comments, from the Aave smart contracts perspective, the tokens locked can only be rescued and sent to the wallet that sent them; so Binance is sent from there.
There is not really anything we can do about that, and it is not part of our scope, but we have contacted Binance to give visibility on this rescue mission. Anybody affected through there can refer to this thread, as it is possible (we don’t/can’t know) that Binance can claim the tokens and forward them to their final users.

3 Likes

hello @rama2021 the governance forum is not a support chat, you got answers on your situation and no futher message are necessary.

I removed your previous messages as they were considered and would appreciate the community to focus on the technical implementation of the rescue mission and the governance process from now on on this thread.

Let’s limit noise at the minimum for this topic.