BGD. Rescue of tokens locked on Aave. Overview and Phase 1

When does the vote on the return begin?

As an important update to the community, all the Rescue Mission phase I is finished, and with the collaboration of ACI (@MarcZeller ), we plan to submit the on-chain proposals by tomorrow Tuesday 28th.

This project will consist of 2 on-chain governance proposals, as the contracts from where to rescue tokens are controlled separately by Level 1 (Short) executor and Level 2 (Long) executor.

All the details about the operation can be found in the AIPs linked, but as a summary:

• Level 1 proposal: Initializes the data about the distribution (Merkle Tree of account with claims of tokens) and sends the AAVE tokens locked on the LendToAaveMigrator contract (more extensive details on the AIP and repository of the project) to the Distributor contract, from where affected users will able to claim them.

• Level 2 proposal: Releases all other tokens to the same Distributor contract activated on Level 1.
    Quorum requirements on Level 2 are 1’040’000 AAVE, so it is extremely important for voters to participate in this one.

The rescue can be considered completed (and active to claim) whenever both proposals pass, one of them passing and the other not will force to repeat the vote, which is not really ideal.
The whole process, given governance times (mainly Level 2), will take 18 days from creation (1 day of initial delay, 10 of voting, 7 of timelock).

Additionally, during the following days, we will release more instructions on how to exercise the claims.

All the technical information about the project can be found on https://github.com/bgd-labs/rescue-mission-phase-1

6 Likes

Both governance proposals have been created in collaboration with ACI (@MarcZeller )

Voting will be opening in ~24h

Proposal on Level 1 (Short executor)
https://app.aave.com/governance/proposal/?proposalId=165

Proposal on Level 2 (Long executor)
https://app.aave.com/governance/proposal/?proposalId=166

6 Likes

Both proposals 165 and 166 have been finally executed, props to the whole Aave community for their incredible governance participation.

As promised, we just published a user interface that all eligible addresses in Phase I can use to claim their tokens.

Visit https://rescue.bgdlabs.com/, connect your wallet, and if you have any claim, submit a transaction and you will receive the tokens from the Rescue Mission smart contract activated on proposals 165 & 166.

5 Likes

Excellent, did anyone whos tokens were in phase 1 have any success in rescuing their tokens ?

@godof2dwar does this message indicate that you’re having issues?

Seems like until now only 4 ppl have claimed a total of ~2k aave AaveMerkleDistributor | Address 0xa88c6D90eAe942291325f9ae3c66f3563B93FE10 | Etherscan

No issues pertaining to the phase 1 rescue, i thought it was weird no one came to post successful claims. Phase 2 shouldnt be far fetched dream.

With any of these 2 solutions, can I recover my tokens now?

Hello, I do not want to bother or insist, I just want to know if with any of these proposals I could recover my tokens sent from Lend to Contract AAVE migrator from my account in binance? Thank you

Hi @rama2021, you should probably contact support (maybe in discord or via email).
In short in your case the binance itself needs to claim the tokens using this form:

And then send your tokens back to you.

1 Like

Ok mumu, thanks, I’ll talk with Binance support

The answer of Binance support:

“Thank you for your patience and for the information provided. This has probably been told to you repeatedly considering the time that has elapsed since the transaction and subsequent contacts, but I’ll tell you anyway: after reviewing your account, history, and transaction, I can see that your assets are gone. correctly from your Binance account and that the withdrawal was completed successfully both in our system and on the blockchain. Due to the nature of the blockchain, once the assets are confirmed, they are no longer available to reverse or cancel the transaction, and we no longer have access to recover the funds because they have successfully left our platform. In that case, an alternative is for you to talk to the recipient’s platform to see if you can return the transaction to us. But unfortunately we have no way to recover them. If it were just a matter of paying a commission, of course we would guide you and recover what corresponds, whenever there is an option and whenever possible Binance will help to recover it, but in this case unfortunately it is not. We have already consulted in various ways and we have thoroughly reviewed your case on several occasions, but unfortunately the answer continues to be that we cannot recover it dear, I am truly sorry for what happened”

I won’t bother you, but I don’t know what to do to recover my tokens.

This is the final answer of Binance support:

“Unfortunately, the external platform does not know clearly how Binance works, each application has its operation and processes, this may be an alternative that they provide for their users or other operations, but as I mentioned, this is not possible on our part. I would love for there to be something else in my hands that I can do and recover your funds, dear, but it does not depend on me, I must follow the instructions and answers that they give me, and also what I can verify myself”

Hello, @rama2021.

From their answer it seems it is not possible for them right to manualy access asset rescue mission and withdraw all fund that were sent from thier address.

As I said, try to contact Aave support via discord, since I am not a part of any Aave dev team I can’t help you.

Good luck!

1 Like

Ok, thanks mumu for your help :raised_hands:

Hello,

the Aave support won’t be able to help here.
Its clearly written in this thread, that only people having access to the wallet that sent these funds can get them back. Binance obviously doesn’t want to help, but they are the only ones able to do so. This unfortunately means you won’t get back your funds from them.

And if i give yoy my AAVE address from my wallet? couldn´t you transfer it to me there?

What should I do? I cannot do anything. I’m not Binance. Do you understand what has been written in here? If not, I recommend reading the thread again. Only the owner of the address can do something. And in this case it’s Binance.

well, don’t be mad, I’m just wanting to get back what belongs to me, and neither you nor binance will return it to me.

I am not mad at all. I cannot do anything, Aave neither and Binance would be able to (as the only one) but won’t do anything unfortunately.