Introduce yourself thread 🎉

Hola from Texas…i’m ChairmanDao & run a small trading book in Houston, I became interested in Aave after being impressed by the visibility (something not always prevalent in crypto) of Stani and his willingness to engage investors. Look fwd to a + run in 2021 and a smooth transition from lend to aave.

3 Likes

Hey everyone!

Looking forward to joining the conversation and seeing Aave realize its potential. My background is in consulting, but quite frankly, this stuff is much more exciting than the corporate world. Hope to be more involved!

3 Likes

Hello Im a long time fan on Ethlend was using in 2017 was my first dip in the toe for defi .And have loved defi and of course lend/aave ever since am looking forward to voting to change things for the better .

3 Likes

Hiya Aave fam,

I’m Kiyo, I live in London and I currently work in cyber security - my personal interest at the moment however is particularly focussed on governance and DAOs within the blockchain ecosystem. I’m super passionate about the space, a big advocate for decentralisation, DAOs and governance - and overall believe that we’re all on the cutting edge of the future of technology!

I’m super excited to start writing some proposals, taking part in the community and also watching Aave’s upcoming transition and focus on governance.We’ve all got some fun times ahead of us!

4 Likes

Hello fellow Aavesters,
Great to see LEND evolve since the ICO in 2017. This community and project are great! Amazing to be here:)

2 Likes

Hey!

I’m Pip. A crypto lawyer who has set up my own regulated crypto exchange a few years ago. Have since advised a number of funds, ICOs and other dispute resolution involving crypto. Looking to apply my knowledge to Defi and help where I can in DLT. Excited as always.

2 Likes

Hey guys- I’m DCinvestor (aka, Aftab).

I’ve been involved with the Ethereum space as a community member since early 2017 and have been an avid proponent of DeFi since the early days.

I’m a big fan of what Aave is doing and view it as the future of lending. Happy to be here to participate in the governance process and to help make Aave as successful as possible within the crypto ecosystem and the broader world of finance.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum, DC!

3 Likes

Hi, Z here! #DeFi maximalist since the term went mainstream. Been writing a lot about $ZRX $REQ $RLC back in the days, today also a huge fan of $AAVE, $AMPL, $RLC, and the lending space in general. Happy to be here!

2 Likes

Howdy $AAVE <3 Folks! I’m Yaz.

I’ve been in the entire crypto space since around 2015 and haven’t looked back since!

I’m a technical analyst and trader mainly focused in the #DeFi space right now but also venture out into trading coins such as $ADA, $LTC, and $XLM so hit me up if you want some cool charts.

3 Likes

Hello everyone, it’s been a while since someone introduced themselves here so I thought I would try to get the ball rolling again, to say a bit about myself and hope others might do the same.

My name is Neal, I live in Sydney Australia with my partner Danielle and our nine-year-old son, Harry. I’m a computer programmer and writer, working on my second book.I first went ‘down the rabbit hole’ on Valentines day according to my Youtube history, so appropriate given I’ve not only gone head over heels but have remained faithful ever since :blush:

I was dabbling in the stock market (ie losing money!) and kept hearing about Bitcoin so I went to Youtube and I found this: The rise and Rise of Bitcoin and found it absolutely mind-blowing.

From the two pizzas for 10,000 BTC; the brilliant yet enigmatic Satoshi Nakomoto who has remained anonymous to this day (how can this be!); the incredible simplicity of his genius idea; the staggering rise in Bitcoin’s value; how blockchain technology can change everything, especially for the world’s poorest people.

I felt so dumb, like I had been living under a rock. I felt so silly that I had not discovered it earlier, when Bitcoin was $1 or $10 or $100 or even a thousand dollars!

Either way, I was hooked. I started looking around crypto with ever-increasing wonder and found all kinds of amazing coins (don’t get me started …).

I was like a child let loose in the greatest toy store imaginable and it was only a matter of time before I stumbled upon Defi ‘the computer gaming / virtual reality’ section of the toy store, if you ask me. I find Defi so fascinating that I want to write about it, develop Dapps in solidity, get involved in governance, I come up with new ideas every day.

Danielle says I’m becoming a crypto bore but Harry is more enthusiastic – he can name at least twenty crypto coins, he advises me to ‘hodl’ whenever the market slips and I’m proud to say that he now has a cat in Minecraft called Vitalik! :laughing:

Anyway, hello from us (currently in covid lockdown) from Sydney, Down Under.

Feel free to introduce yourself because that is how a community grows and if you want to share your own ‘rabbit hole’ story, you’ll get a guaranteed like from me. Cheers.

3 Likes

Since I recently made my first post elsewhere I figured I’d introduce myself here too.

I’m just a normal guy with a relatively small stack of staked Aave. I don’t have any coding or smart contract experience. Currently pursuing a degree in Accounting after a short career in the Army. My first degree was in Philosophy. Currently based in Japan but also spend some time in the U.S, and have assets in both countries. I’m here as one of the voices of ordinary end users.

By the way, thanks for bringing this thread back to life @Neal
I’ll go ahead and share my rabbit hole story too

Was originally a crypto skeptic but threw some money at crypto in 2017 to make a quick buck. Didn’t work out great, but the best thing to come of it was a little EthLEND airdrop in my Eidoo wallet. I didn’t think much of EthLEND at the time, but at the beginning of this year I got sick with COVID and spent much of my time researching cryptocurrency again. I found out about the LEND-AAVE conversion, and as I started to read about Aave, I had a lightbulb moment. DeFi is such a good application of cryptocurrency and smart contracts that it really blew me away. I spent a large part of the next couple weeks of my self-isolation researching Aave and other DeFi projects. Soon after I transferred my idle cash into the Aave protocol and started experimenting. I’ve been an avid user of Aave ever since, and an Ethereum bull. I’m still skeptical of 98% of cryptocurrency use cases, but I have no skepticism towards Aave or Ethereum.

3 Likes

Hey there everybody!

So ya in short I am an enthusiastic young Irish lad who is an engineer by trait with Marketing and Project Management sprinkled in. Currently WFH with my company so I have time to analyze the markets also. But I am an OG Lend Boy so i have an avid interest in the Crypto space. Always looking to learn and some day maybe work for someone like Aave. Also looking to make new buddys on this platform and join groups etc!

@CryptoG38105166 is my twitter handle! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi Gilligan, thanks for sharing your story, I reckon you have backed a couple of winners there, I doubt there will be much argument from anyone.

Glad to see you’re still kicking after a bout with the dreaded virus :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope your community involvement is as rewarding as your initial investment! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Loving the Aave twitter/ Card/ Pages. This is like a better version of revolut haha. Honestly most well built project on the Crypto Space. I am learning each an everyday with Aave. Also if you are ever in Ireland Let me know, I think I owe you a nice cup of Tae for the lovely gains you gave me lol.

2 Likes

We are all learning along with you @TheGhostLad and I’m pretty sure there are more of those gains to come :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hey all!
I am Sai building DeFi deep analytics platform Shunya(https://shunya.fi/), I am a great fan of decentralization & basketball.

Connect me on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/0xsaiteja

Hey,

Been a while no one wrote here, so here I go :D

Ethical economist and consultant in the field of economic and business models. Been part of several P2P projects and looking forward to adding value here.

1 Like

Hello, Aave Community!

I am Jonathan Herrera, and I’m incredibly passionate about the potential of Mexican DeFi and the transformative impact it can have. My journey in the world of decentralized finance has been driven by my belief in the power of technology to create a more inclusive financial ecosystem for Mexicans.

Currently, I am actively involved in various projects that are shaping the landscape of Mexican DeFi. I am proud to be a part of Suarmi, a Mexican off/on-ramp, facilitating smooth transitions between traditional and decentralized finance. Additionally, my role within LaDAO has given me valuable insights into the governance and issuance of XOC, a pioneering CDP Mexican stablecoin. My previous collaboration with Jarvis Network’s jMXN has also enriched my understanding of the intersection between traditional finance and blockchain technology.

My love for DeFi stems from a desire to foster a welcoming and supportive environment for all Mexicans looking to explore the possibilities of decentralized finance. I am dedicated to leveraging my experience and expertise to contribute to the growth and development of the Mexican DeFi ecosystem, creating opportunities and accessible solutions for individuals and businesses alike.

I look forward to engaging in meaningful discussions with this vibrant community and contributing to the collective effort of building a stronger, more inclusive DeFi space for Mexicans.

Feel free to reach out to me with any questions, ideas, or collaborations. Let’s work together to make Mexican DeFi a powerful force for positive change.

Best regards, Jonathan Herrera